I’m not taking any reading requests at the moment, all spots are taken up - in order to catch up with commitments and queue. Please browse another critic’s thread - I recommend Abby’s ‘ Hell’s Critiques’.
Hello, it’s Mira! I’ve decided to make a book review thread, thank you for clicking in. Let me first say, that I find myself extremely mediocre as a writer - but I think I’m a relatively good editor - so if you’re looking for someone who’ll harshly critique your plot and actual story, I might not be the critic for you. But of course, I’ll try my best. Due to my immense love for reading, I frequently like to do reading requests and book reviews. In this thread, you can have your book reviewed, yay ~
○ I have preferred genres, and they are the following:
• young - adult (YA)
• teen fiction (TF)
note: those with the above genres may be accepted more readily
○ Anyone with an incorrect secret code/password at their first post may be declined thereafter
note: unless they had a technical difficulty, (e.g. accidentally posting unwritten/unfinished comment)
○ There will be two queues. Your name can only appear once in the entire two queues at one time (i.e. only one book in one queue at most)
• express queue
- this will be quicker, as it is express.
- 1 review will be made based on the chapters submitted
- can only put down a maximum of 3 chapters and optional prologue of under 1000 words
• full queue
- all the chapters will be read, and the queue will be cycled until your book is finished.
- 1 review will be made per chapter
- i reserve the right to discontinue any books after 10 chapters (as the queue will be slow and i could potentially be reading your book for an entire year if your chapters are really long and you have 200 of them)
note: all reviews will be made in here unless there's anything specific that i want to message you about.
Although I know multiple languages, I can only cater for requests that are English currently.
Must contain 1 or more part(s) that isn’t a prologue, author’s note or disclaimer
Please don’t try to rush me, I will get to your request, just be patient! In addition, I will try my best to give both positive and negative feedback in the form of constructive criticism. If you aren’t okay with both, you might not want a review.
I don’t require a payment, as I don’t think payments should be a thing unless I’m doing a lot of work in a professional capacity. As I’m not, in this case,
Although I don’t want to decline any requests, if you fail to send in a fully filled form, I may decline. Also, anyone with an incorrect secret code/password at their first post may be declined thereafter, as mentioned in the section of ‘details and special notices’. In addition, I may decline your book due to other personal reasons although I’m willing to clarify, no promises.
note: feel free to chit-chat in the thread - i like the fun irrelevant or relevant chatting too!
○ plot development and characterisation
• does your book contain an interesting plot?
• is the pacing of the book too fast or too slow?
• are the characters too flat?
○ creativity, coherence and relevance
• is the plot really overused/cliche?
• is the cover relevant to the book?
• does the chapters relate to each other?
○ ideas and organisation, vocabulary and ease of understanding
• are your ideas all over the place?
• do you speak the language of the reader?
• is there effective use of vocabulary?
○ grammar and punctuation
• is punctuation and spacing used effectively and accurately?
• are there any heavy grammar mistakes?
• would i recommend you reach out to an editor?
○ any other noticed concerns
• does the book follow content guidelines?
• is there anything i saw that seemed worrying?
• what are the weaknesses noticed in the book?
Synopsis: (NOT A BLURB, I want like an introduction/short first-part summary)
Express or Full Queue: Express Queue Full Queue
CLICK THE BOX TO CHOOSE EXPRESS OR FULL QUEUE IN YOUR OWN FORM!!
note: (if express, specify which chapters and if you have a prologue.)
(if full queue, please specify how many chapters and parts you have)
Anything you want me to specifically comment on: