mira's free book reviews 🤓 || CLOSED ON LONG-TERM DUE TO BUSY SCHEDULE ─ positive in-line comments, honest constructive feedback and more ~

writing
feedback-offered
critiques

I hope you consider reviewing my story!

Wattpad Username: @GhostsInsideOfMyBed
Story Title: Zeitgeist
Story URL: https://www.wattpad.com/story/147940108-zeitgeist
Genre: Romance
Synopsis: (NOT A BLURB, I want like an introduction/short first-part summary) A young woman whose job is on the line befriends a idealistic artist for business purposes, but doesn’t realize how quickly the lines can blur between business and pleasure.

Secret Code/Password: From this review, I hope to gain a different perspective of my story that can help me develop and edit it in a better way through pointing out my flaws and strengths.
Express or Full Queue: (if express, please specify chapters and whether you have a prologue, and if full queue, please specify how many chapters and parts you have) Full Queue please x
Anything you want me to specifically comment on: Character development (what kind of perspective you have of the characters, just so I can see if i’m portraying them the way I intended to) and if the storyline interests you.

Wattpad Username: @TheTigerWriter
Story Title: The Scepter of Tamido
Story URL: https://www.wattpad.com/story/138463239-the-scepter-of-tamido-on-hold
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Synopsis: The last survivor of her clan, Pinti goes on an adventure to search for an ancient scepter. It is the only thing powerful enough to destroy her race’s enemies just as they have destroyed her family and home.
Secret Code/Password: Hope to get some insights on whether or not the story is engaging.
Express or Full Queue: Full Queue of Part 1: Distrust. Part 1 has about 23 chapters, I think and it is more or less completed.
Anything you want me to specifically comment on: If you have any questions in regards to the world building that you would like clarified, please let me know. It would be much appreciated :slight_smile: Also, based on Part 1, would you read Part 2 or not?

Thank you for considering :slight_smile:

Wattpad Username: @leighyeann (my alternate account)
Story Title: Thankful to Life’s Many Blessings (it’s actually incorrect, I should fix it)
Story URL: https://my.w.tt/F3LARJfFqS
Genre: short story/YA + poetry
Synopsis: (NOT A BLURB, I want like an introduction/short first-part summary) basically, the story of a girl who writes letters to the people who made her suffer the most
Secret Code/Password: with this review, I hope to find out whether I managed to convey each character’s thoughts and if they stand out to one another.
Express or Full Queue: (if express, please specify chapters and whether you have a prologue, and if full queue, please specify how many chapters and parts you have) full queue, please. The story has nineteen parts (ten poems and nine letter exchanges)
Anything you want me to specifically comment on: please let me know if the format works and whether I should implement the content of the letters.

Wattpad Username: TheGirWhoRambled
Story Title: A City of War
Story URL: https://www.wattpad.com/story/169314918-a-city-of-war
Genre: YA Urban Fantasy
Synopsis: It’s a dystopian story about two underground clans/gangs with magical powers fighting for control of the supposed last remaining city on Earth.The main character is a non-magical girl who accidentally gets involved and will discover a lot of secrets in the process.
Secret Code/Password: I hope to improve both my story and my writing in general
Express or Full Queue: Express - there are only 2 chapters so far! :slight_smile:
Anything you want me to specifically comment on: Nothing in particular :smile:

Thank you so much!

Yeah that’s perfectly alright!

Wattpad Username: @AnneMcKae
Story Title: Haunted Rayne
Story URL: https://www.wattpad.com/story/161858036-haunted-rayne
Genre: YA Paranormal Mystery
Synopsis: A young murderer with amnesia enrolls in a reform school exclusively for wealthy teens. This steep tuition pays to clean records and erase evidence of heinous pasts. There’s only one problem: The campus is haunted.
Secret Code/Password: I am hoping to gain more of a following. I feel as though my story is not being discovered as easily as I would like it to be.
Express or Full Queue: Express. First three chapters, plus a brief prologue (less than 1,000 words)
Anything you want me to specifically comment on: Whether or not it is intriguing enough to continue on. The “love interests” are not introduced until chapter 4 and 5 (which you won’t be getting to), but they’re more subplots to the actual plot anyway. I just want to know if the story is gripping enough to reel people in without love interest in the first three chapters.

@CJoslyn this is who I recommended to help with editing. She is awesome.

My book has Afrikaans language, but it has the translations at the end. Is that acceptable?

Wattpad Username: Laynejodi
Story Title: Blame the goddess
Story URL: https://www.wattpad.com/story/166762033-blame-the-goddess
Genre: Werewolf /vampire
Synopsis: Meet Callum ‘Cal’ Yorke an omega, a hybrid of the Elders and humans, who after much physical and emotional abuse and pain decided to bypass his goddess and change his destiny with the help of a god. Cal dares to forge a new way for his wolf and himself, changing the status quo along the way. Cal has had enough and is daring to go head to head with the Moon goddess. But what can a lowly human do in a fight for all with a goddess, unless the human brings in a god as an ally…let the fight for Cal’s life and loves begin.

Secret Code/Password: I hope to have a captivating book that holds the reader form the beginning to the end and leave them wanting more.
Express Queue: Introduction, Chapters 1,2 & 3, please
Anything you want me to specifically comment on: Any helpful hint for my book will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Wattpad Username: KeriHalfacre
Story Title: Cursed Gardens
Story URL: https://www.wattpad.com/story/166994398-cursed-gardens
Genre: paranormal
Synopsis: A stranger falls through Maggie’s greenhouse roof and tells her that her parents weren’t killed in the car accident Maggie and her brother Val were in as well. Their parents are trapped in the spirit plane and the twins might be the only witches capable of freeing them, but there are some witches who want them freed and others who would rather they stay trapped.
Secret Code/Password: Some thoughts on the magic system I’ve developed for the book and the pacing of it.
Express or Full Queue: full queue
Anything you want me to specifically comment on: magic system, if character relationships feel authentic <3

Thank you for considering this really appreciate it

sorry, i don't really like to read murder stories...
I'm a total wimp and murder stories freak me out. If you want, I'll add you to Express Queue instead and only review 3 chapters :3

acceptedthanks

i will be adding you to full queue shortly.

Please also note the number of chapters in your form afterwards, thank you.

Yeah sure ok, that’s no problem!

acceptedthanks

i will be adding you to express queue shortly.

acceptedthanks

Please note the number of chapters you have under the section of Full Queue, thank you!

(post withdrawn)

acceptedthanks

i will be adding you to express queue shortly.

acceptedthanks

Please note that I can't promise that I'll complete the entire book, but I know I'll complete at least the first 10 chapters. (As I'm not a frequent Fantasy-genre reader.)
If I complete Part 1 and enjoy it, I'm definitely willing to continue Part 2 :nerd_face: