Mod help please - what does Robot Ambassador 'start new user' feature do?

Heyo, so I was messing around with @RobotAmbassador and it told me to ask it what it could do, so I did. It said one of the options was ‘start new user’, so I chose that cause I wanted to see what it would do (I thought it would be quirky and fun like the fortune feature).

But, uh, then it just sent me a ‘Greetings!’ email like I’d just signed up for the first time. And so now I’m scared I accidentally like restarted my account or something and I just want to check to make sure what action I just performed.

(the interaction happened in the Grecious, get over here thread btw)

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @RobotAmbassador display help.

goddamn you robot ambassador

4 Likes

XD XD XD Trolled by the robot.

5 Likes

You just got a notification, though right? Not an email?

Cause that’s alright, I don’t think it resets anything.

I mean, I got a forum pm notif and then a pm type thing (still not sure where exactly that is, but that’s what popped up when I clicked the notif).

notif

Oh yeah totally, I’m pretty sure that’s alright. I’ve done that before too and I’ve not noticed any consequences.

1 Like

The start new user is the forum tutorial and can be taken at anytime without resetting your forum account. It’s nothing to worry about, it would happen every time you did start new user.

3 Likes

Oh, okay. That makes sense. Thank you :blush:

Once you finish it you get a badge!

xD

2 Likes

Wow, how did I miss this before? This is delightful. It’s teaching me how to link stuff without looking like an idiot (which would have been useful when I first got here lol)

1 Like

Hahaha
xD

1 Like

it’s teaching me how to quote, how to italic and bold, how to use emojis and how to put a picture in a post

how did i not know about this when i started

1 Like

xD

Were you on the clubs before they moved here?
the basic code is the same xD

1 Like

No lol, I started using the forums a month or so back and I’d never used any discourse servers before.

So I was at a loss lol - it took me like two weeks to realize my first post had been getting likes because I didn’t even know how the notifs worked.

lolol xD oh cool!!

you can also do the advance user thing too! just say @RobotAmbassador start advanced user

1 Like

How am I just now learning all of these things oml? :joy:

1 Like

Hahaha xD

1 Like

Damn! I am too late for this game but let’s see

@RobotAmbassador start advanced user

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @RobotAmbassador display help.

1 Like