Motivate me to write!

I was going to, but I don’t think I have the time to participate due to study and homework. Not only that, when I do have time, I like to spend it on myself. Otherwise, I break down :joy:

I actually had one, and then attempted to put one back into place, but it’s so hard for me to tell when I’ll have the time. But I’ll have to try get back into this!

1 Like

Thanks! I never thought of the sprints!

1 Like

Yeah. It helps me. Even if I’m late, it forces me to make time.

1 Like

I have a hard time writing so doing a challenge with someone helps me write.

1 Like

I probably wouldn’t do it with someone as I wouldn’t really have anyone to do it with, but I’ll definitely have to give the sprints a go!

1 Like

There are threads for sprints such as Writing Sprints | 2.0. Or you could make your own thread.

1 Like

hp

3 Likes

Is there a specific reason why you’re not motivated to write?

Mostly probably, yes. I’ve been quite busy since August, which is when I started back in school. But it’s taken up most of my time, things have been all over the place, and it took a toll on me mentally. So, I took a short break. But because of how busy I’ve been, I’ve gotten quite tired and just want to lay in bed 24/7 :joy: It’s more of a mental issue. It’s just taken away from the things I used to enjoy doing. So, it’s been hard for me to get back into anything (not just writing. Even doing my homework is impossible lol) but I’m ready to get back in to it. I just need to “do it!” :joy:

Write small things! Find prompts online and go for the ones that instantly make you click. Once you click usually hard to undo the click lol :slight_smile:

ALSO it’s ok to not write for a long time. I stopped for 5 years. I had to get back to my groove by continually reading, even when I didn’t want to. Eventually it clicked for me again and now I’m 12 chapters into my WIP :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I think the best attitude one can adopt is that you don’t need to be motivated or inspired. The key is routine. Build up rituals and routines around writing and the rest will fall in place.

I think the best idea is to set a word goal. Don’t worry about any mechanics or anything but say “I’m going to write x amount of words each day” If you don’t have any story ideas to work on, I would suggest prompts. ( pictures, or one sentence things that you need to force yourself to write a story for)

insipire

Don’t edit, don’t over think it. Just write. If you write over your goal, great. but don’t stop until you do. Once you get into the habit, you can move from there.

Close%20the%20door

Oh, and one more:

Unstoppable

2 Likes

Me too!

I took a break for… 6-7 years. Then I found writing and the book literally saved my life / mental health.

But whenever you’re ready to come back, your stories will be waiting for you.

2 Likes

Routine is a little hard at the moment, and I’m usually one who requires motivation for many of reasons. But thanks :slight_smile:

You’ve got this! Even writing 200 words is better than nothing! You know what they say, 200 words a day makes a novel!

2 Likes

Yes! Now that I am writing again I feel even better. I would say I had to stop, it was hurting my mental health. I had to do a lot of growing up and finding myself before finding this again. The time away has only been for the better now—you can see the obvious difference in my works!

3 Likes

Good for you! A hiatus works wonders for mentality when it comes to writing sometimes!

1 Like

Ah, Yeah motivation is hard for me too. Here’s a link to some writing prompts, sometimes that helps jump start something

1 Like

This one specifically

https://www.writermag.com/writing-inspiration/writing-prompts/
Has prompts that you can apply to your characters if you have an existing story. Like an example is one of them says, “Create a color palette for all of the characters in your novel. Who leans more towards warm tones, and who prefers cool ones?..”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.