muslim writers i need your help!

hello my lovelies!
so i am writing a tv show and i want to make my characters as authentic as possible so i would like to know what islam means to you and your experiences with it. what your thoughts are on certain rules ect. i just want to hear from you.
i have already asked a friend about the structure and rules so i know a lot but i also have realised there are a few cultural differences between people as well which i find intriguing.

all together please spread positivity and no hate. we can be respectful of differences.
all the love my darlings

what i would like to know:

• what islam means to you. how it makes you feel about yourself. eg uplifted, enlightened ect
  • experiences with people good or bad.
  • what things i can research to get a better understanding

are u muslim?

1 Like

no i am not muslim myself which is why i want to learn as much as i can and have lots of peoples takes from islam. i hope i am not offending anyone i just want to learn as to create a accurate and positive representation

ps i have asked multiple people already but i just want to see what others feel and think too

2 Likes

Oh no you are not, what are the stuff you want know, just asking btw

1 Like

Can you specify what exactly you need to know. I am a muslim so maybe I can help.

1 Like

just what the religion means to them on a personal level and what things generally. experiences with people good or bad would also help. just anything really :slight_smile:

just your general take on it and why you feel so connected to the religion and what it means to you. also any experiences good or bad with people :slight_smile:

oh okay, is the muslim the main character?

1 Like

he is the love intrest to the main character. so not the main main character but he will be a series regular. the love intrest however is white and atheist. i want them to get married in a later season and i have had different takes on this. my friend in nigeria said it is fine for someone who is muslim and somone who is not to get married however my friend from india said its fine unless its two certain religions. then when i had asked someone i knew irl they said only muslim people can marry muslims. so i have seen quite a few differences in culture so i just want to learn more really as i want to include all the different thoughts and cultures but also not upset anyone as i would never mean to do that.

i just want to create a learning opportunity for people to learn about islam like i am and also give accurate and happy representation to the muslim community but i know there will be some differences no matter what as at the end of the day we are all different.

1 Like

it depends if the muslim girl wants a muslim family the boy has to be muslim,

1 Like

the character who is muslim is a boy and the character who is not is the girl. if they would have a family they would want them to follow what they think is best for them. whether that be islam or not. would that be okay? i know my nigerian friend says that her friend has a parent who is muslim and a parent who is christian and i think her friend is muslim?

1 Like

Yup That is okay!

1 Like

yay amazing! i was just so scared that i would be offending someone as i only want to make a good and happy representation. thankyou so much for helping! i really appreciate it so much and i am so happy that i can definitley make this happen now

1 Like

No Problem! It aint your fault if you are offending, maybe people will be nice and offer tips along the way!

1 Like

i really hope they do as i love to learn!

1 Like

Nice, shoot me Dm when you publish!

2 Likes

iā€™m trying to make this into a script for a tv show so when i get it onto the screens look out for it! its going to be called maras! if you would like to know more just give me a dm as i love to talk about it as i love what i have come up with hehe (not to be egotistical as i am just really proud of myself and what i have planned)

1 Like

Sure! I have to go good luck dont forget to shoot me a dm!

dm me too please! @Winterwritesstuff I would love to read this!

1 Like

:grin:

1 Like