MY STORY GOT REMOVED FROM AN OFFICIAL READING LIST

hi

so i write fanfic and a few months back i applied for the fanfic account’s official marvel reading list and go accepted. i recently rechecked to see what other stories had been added there and my story is no longer on the list? but other stories which had been added way sooner had been moved to the top of the list and it wasn’t like the amount of books in there was too much for the algorithm (43 in case you’re wondering). i’m kinda pissed because i’m pretty sure you can’t just take books off and rearrange ones with more reads to be placed near the top? like the fuck?

1 Like

It happens a lot, actually. I’ve been accepted to many official reading lists, but they clean them up every once in a while to make sure they’re not too overcrowded. (If you have a list of 50 books, no one will scroll all the way to the bottom anymore.)

It’s not a personal thing, they’ll just remove stories that have been on there for a while. You can always apply again. (My story Wonderwall was accepted three times to be on a StoriesUndiscovered reading list xD)

6 Likes

They get rotated ever so often to give people a chance. I have one up, and when they do the next rotations I plan on reapplying (you are allowed I believe). I don’t think it’s a bad thing since it gives new writers a chance too and we can reapply again anyway :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Wattpad refreshes reading lists every so often so everyone gets a chance on their official lists.

3 Likes

Just a question. How do you apply for an official reading list?

Go to the specific wattpad profiles (romance, spiritual, adventure… Whatever applies to your story) and in their bio/about me/info, they usually have a submission form that takes you to an application and you apply to it. Sometimes it takes a month or two on more popular genres like romance, but others maybe a week or two. You’ll see it in your Notifs that they added your story to a reading list.

3 Likes

Thank you. That was really helpful!

1 Like