:typewriter: NaNoWriMo Chat Thread 2019 :typewriter:

Welcome to National Novel Writing Month (or close enough to it) 2019! For those who don’t know about NaNo, it’s a challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in the 30 days of November. That’s approximately 1,667 words a day. You can learn more and sign up right here. Try answering questions there first!

Participants: what are your projects? Are you doing anything to plan? What about emotional readiness? What rituals do you have before and during NaNo? Share your summaries, thoughts, fears, and whatever else you like below.

It’s going to be alright. You’ll figure it out. Look at how calming this blue is. Let’s get ready together.

(And you all thought coding was dead!)

Nanowrimo is editing hell…

The amount of garbage I ended up writing…

Might do 1k a day though if I’m done with my current draft…

3 Likes

NaNo is sensaysh, but am I really the only one on the planet who hates the new site? (ノ_<、)ヾ(´▽`)

4 Likes

It will be my first Nano! I was supposed to figure out something totally new for it, but as time is running out on me, my current goal for Nano is to start and finish WIP projects last part. Though before that… I’ll have to finish the second to the last part :sweat_smile:

Oh well, we’ll see.

3 Likes

I’m currently in the middle of all kinds of hell, but to escape those hells, I’ll enter the hell of NaNoWriMo!

3 Likes

I think I’ve replied this on another thread so I’ll quote it here in the appropriate place!

Aaaaand the amazing art that has already been provided by @AWFrasier

Summary

vee

My Nano page if anyone wants to buddy up.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Rebels! I’m working on a video game script instead of a novel, so we’re very much in the same boat.

Check out the new forums… it’s Discourse!

Oh, that art is beautiful… can you say character design?

Will definitely buddy you as soon as I can… figure out mobile… things… stuff.

3 Likes

I guess that’s what Fray did. I just came up with the aesthetic and then she ran like crazy with it. But I’m glad, because it’s making planning things out super simple with regards to how they look and their body language and quirks etc.

3 Likes

Hmm you guys are making me wanna activate my account and do nano…

Nanorebels!

3 Likes

Please!! We’ll make a great community here.

3 Likes

*deep breath

I’m in.

I’ll try to remember what my account details are…

If not I’ll create a new one and post it here to find guys:)

3 Likes

My current project is the one I ended up pitching for Nick’s Workshop, which is The Wanderer From Duphia Aspa. I’m mostly doing worldbuilding on WorldAnvil. As for rituals, I eat unless I feel like my worries have washed away. I am definitely not ready for this, because I couldn’t go through 2018’s NaNoWriMo.

3 Likes

It’s alright! This is a fresh start for all of us. You can do it.

3 Likes

Also, this is my NaNoWriMo page.

3 Likes

Thanks.

2 Likes

Oooh, I just figured out you can change the banner on your profile! Okay, I’m hating the new site less than I did a moment ago. *plays with different images*

1 Like

The new forums on the revamped NaNo site are a lot like the ones here, with slight alterations, but it’s visually the same platform.

2 Likes

They have more themes over there, though. It’s too bad I hate their forums or I’d spend more time there. Wish we could steal their Vincent theme for this place. U^ェ^U

1 Like

I wonder why you don’t like their forums there. Care to explain?

3 Likes

Hey,
I’m going to be working on my new WIP called Shattered Hope, which will be a standalone sequel to Fractured Red. Lol. Im cheating though. I tend to do a two month Nanowrimo, so I start in October, since it isn’t possible to do the full thing with all the homework I get. I’ll probably barely/won’t even finish with this cheating, but I’ll try :sweat_smile::see_no_evil:

I tend to push myself to finish Nanowrimo, even if it mean staying up late and writing instead of sleeping and procrastinating on homework.

4 Likes