Lesbians.
Murder.
Family Secrets.
Lesbians.
Some more murder.
The meaning of home.
Love.
Lesbians.

Seeing as I am a full-time college student, had two exams and a paper, I work in a lab, got the flu, had a chronic illness flare: YES!

No.

Once finals are over I will try and edit what I have and start posting it.

I honestly wouldn’t know where to start when summarizing it. :sweat_smile:

50,001 words!

Yes considering it was exam season and I legit thought I was going to fail.

Nope, but I do update my story on a schedule.

I’ll probably take a break (finals are coming), but maybe.

Depends on how insane I am to do a 5th draft of my novel.

Huzzah! :clap:

“A Celestial Requiem” tells the story of a young woman, Mingxia, who lives in Shangzihua, an impoverished village that lies on the outskirts of Wuzhen. Ever since she was a child, she learned nothing but distrust and hostility. They knew she wasn’t human and they were fearful of her capabilities.

Mingxia tries to quietly live out her life in the shadows as an herbalist to show the villagers that she can bring about a positive change, but fate won’t allow her. She’s tormented with dreams of a mysterious woman and a prophecy about the Tarot that she is expected to fulfill.

To make matters even more complicated, the Crown Prince enters her life and she can’t help but feel a strong, unbreakable connection to him. Mingxia must struggle with her feelings for the Crown Prince and her identity all while coming to terms with a prophecy that could jeopardize the future of the realm of Naestrirea and its mythical inhabitants.

Definitely! I wrote a lot more than I expected to given work, classes, and migraines. (I’m a full-time employee and part-time student)

No. I like being a few chapters ahead of what’s already been posted so I can do a preliminary edit.

It really depends. I would like to finish my novel before Christmas as a present to myself. If I do, then I’ll start editing before the end of the year.

• What is your story about?

Lesbians. Superpowers. A boarding school. A curse. A cryptid in the nearby lake. A possible portal to hell in the back of an impossibly vast and possibly magical underground library. A bonfire party with no adults. Kissing. Death. Power dynamics. Groups of mismatched friends who love one another despite their differences.

• What’s your final word count?

I’m thinking maybe 50.6k?

• Are you happy with that word count?

If only it could’ve been more. :wink: But honestly, I wasn’t sure I’d finish this year, so yeah! School was really stressful, and it was a wonder I got anything done at all!

• Did you post as you wrote?

Haha! I’m a pantser, and if I did that, it would be a guaranteed disaster. I have to do a lot of straightening out when I finish writing something.

• Will you be editing in December?

Frankly, this story may stay in the Drawer of Shame forever. I love the characters, though, so I may try to salvage something in January or February.

What is your story about?
A shifter who is both blessed and cursed. Blessed to make a change but cursed to die for what she did. The story as a whole is an adventure-tragedy.

What’s your final word count?
50,009 :calmwolf:

Are you happy with that word count?
Yes!
Did you post as you wrote?
Nope

Will you be editing in December?
Nope, still have half a book to write, lol

A semi-famous writer who manages to resurrect his wife from the dead. Whatever he writes comes to life. His dead wife has more intentions than getting him famous again…

Yeah, it’s my new monthly record

Nope.

Editing and releasing as I go :slight_smile: