Need Help deciding between two events in your story? Post your poll here to get responses.

Just an idea, but could you as the OP put up a list of which polls are still open? For example, Post 1, Post 3, Post 35, Post 37 and so on. The threads getting long and open polls are hidden between conversations and closed polls. I think new people would find a list of what posts still need opinions as helpful. :slight_smile:

Yes I can do that when I get home. (Monday)

OPEN: 1, 3, 26, 35, 37, 43, 59, 62, 66, 73, 75, 78, 84, 85, 94, 98, 101, 104, 110, 137, 139, 145, 146, 151, 154, 156, 157, 159, 172, 173, 182, 186, 189

CLOSED: 8, 42, 51, 56, 58, 103, 142, 161, 190

i can’t figure out how to make a poll, idk i’ve clicked the gear thingy but nothings coming up oof
edit: never mind, apparently it’s working now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

When you reply to a thread, above the text box is a toolbar. The last icon is a gear. Clicking that gives you a drop down menu. The last option is to build a poll.

Edit: I was too late. XD

still appreciated haha @SecuredNotConnected

i’m struggling with writing my story at the moment, i’m not really sure what genre to put it under but it’s sort of a fantasy/mystery/thriller/ya with a bit of romance thrown in, randomness honestly!
one of the things that is really confusing me at the moment is the direction the plot is going and one thing that would be helpful is figuring out what to write towards is who my main character is going to end up with so hopefully someone can help me haha

• The antihero - a guy who has done a lot of bad things in the story and continues to but mc is still extremely close to him
  • Her best friend - has known mc forever, a lot shyer than she is, trustworthy and smart
  • Her ex-boyfriend - really screwed mc over in the past but is currently trying to redeem himself despite his faults
  • The new girl in town - adorable and fun, but mysterious and has a lot of secrets
  • Herself, leave mc single at end of story… still could potentially date others?

0 voters

my main character is bisexual in case you were wondering

last option would probably make all your readers emotional though

True, true, I’m just not sure if I want the conclusion to please/satisfy my readers and brighten their days or physically stab them in the gut.

both sound fun

equal votes!! but yeah, agreed the ex-boyfriend is always a bad idea

I love the option of him getting the revenge. It looks like a happy ending is coming and that he’ll achieve his next goal: mortality. Only for him to fail. Haha. Kind of a reminds me of Stardust too. She was immortal and watched her lover die. It was incredibly sad.

I agree with that. The ex seems like she’s taking a step back, really. But I also would vote against the anti-hero. Catwoman and Batman hooking up(and being married) drove me crazy every time because of her treatment of Batman. She’d do things like leaving Batman to deal with her mess right after she told him they’d handle it together. Her rough past made her not wanting to get close understandable but she’d take it too far. He would leave himself vulnerable and she’d take advantage of his feelings to get away. For her to figuratively accept a helping hand only to flip the dude over her shoulder every time, I’d think Batman would learn it’s part of her game. Anyway, that’s the vibes I’m getting for your anti-hero. That he’s as bad as the ex-boyfriend who’s screwed her over before. :thinking:

My first pick was the old friend, my second would have been single.

Oh, I love the ironic ending, because it is the least expected, it was the dog that died, scenario! I am in the minority, but I expected it. :slight_smile:

i think i might leave the mc single for now, but i have an idea of alluding to her falling in love with someone at the end. i have a feeling it will be the girl or the anti-hero (even though i as the writer have a love-hate relationship with both characters), and i think i have a good idea for the best friend (there’s another character in the story who would be perfect for him).

next question: when should the story be set?

• the summer after high school ends when characters are aged seventeen to nineteen (some characters are younger than mc and will stay at school)
  • the summer before their last year of high school with characters aged fifteen to eighteen
  • after high school when characters are in late teens to early twenties

0 voters

and; before you leave this post!!

• Australian setting (I’m Australian so…)
  • American
  • UK (English or Irish)
  • Leave it ambiguous

0 voters

Australians, and grown up.

australia will be easier to write about

thanks everyone for your help! much appreciated :heart:

Which title do you like better?

• Havoc in Court
  • Chaos in Court

0 voters