Need Help Plotting Fantasy Epic - Eliza E

I hope this where this topic should go!

I need help guys. I feel like I have an amazing idea for a story, but I really need help plotting it out. :open_book::memo:

I don’t really want to give away to much of the idea, but it is a fantasy epic. I have some plot ideas and ideas for the characters I want but nothing is set in stone. Please me know if any of you are willing to help.

It would mean a lot and I would be more than happy to return the favour and give you a credit if you can.

Do you maybe need help outlining your main events?

Yeah, and coming up with some of the smaller aspects of world building.

Really I just need someone to bounce ideas off.

Okay. This is what I do when planning a novel. I don’t do the fancy stuff like plotting each chapter or making a sheet of info for each character. I simply write a scene on a piece of paper. Like I have an idea where my character’s kiss or something. I shorten it to “K and J kiss”. I do this to every scene I have thought out so far. Then I lay them down and place them or rearrange them in whatever order I like.

If you want to bounce ideas off of me… you can. Like where is your story set? Main Characters?

I can try and help! I’m struggling to come up with an ending for my story as well.

Hey there

The Story Services club is for people post their services. If you need help, the Fantasy Genre club is the best place to request that and I’ve moved your thread for you.

Thank you for your understanding

Katherine - Community ambassador :katherinearlene:

1 Like

If you have scenes you know will happen, write them down and space them out on paper, those will be your ‘stepping stones’, then, as the ideas come, write the other scenes down, usually the scenes one sees are important ones, that is why I use them as stepping stones because they are so important. With the other scenes that come upon thinking how you get from the first stepping stone to the next, write them in the order that helps get you there. Always work towards the next stepping stone. Sometimes I know how a story will end about 3 chapters in and that will be my ultimate goal, I also end up writing more things than what I had that were necessary to get to the next stepping stone, and that is fine.

I hope I did not confuse you and that this helps!

I’d love to help! Send me a PM if you’d like :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.