Need Some Encouragement

Gonna start writing my novel tonight, could use some encouragement!

You’ve got this! :smiley: Do you have it all plotted out, or are you gonna pants it on the fly?

1 Like

I have the beginning outlined, the plot, and I’ve created what I call a character archive detailing the characters that are going to appear first. Though I suppose maybe I should add a little bit more in retrospect lol.

1 Like

I’ve also figured out the ending for the first book ( I plan for it to be a three book series)

Ooh exciting! Hey, plan out as much as you want/works for you! Some people need a lot of plotting, some don’t. :smiley:

What’s it about? If you don’t mind.

1 Like

Every word you put down is a step towards completing the story–but don’t be afraid of stumbling, needing to backtrack, or taking a quick break. Writing a novel is a marathon, not a sprint! Best of luck!!

1 Like

Because I’m a paranoid weirdo I prefer to keep most of the book secret until it is published lol.

Thank you:)

I will say though, that my book is gonna be very, very, very, controversial and will probably be banned n many countries if it ever becomes noticed XD

1 Like

Oh lol. I get it, tho honestly i’m writing so much right now that i couldn’t steal even if i wanted to. I’m neck deep in one novel and about a quarter into another… >.<

How about genre?

1 Like

Right now I have two different novels that won’t leave me alone in my head

One is more paranormal and the other would be straight horror I suppose and it’s probably going to shock many readers considering it’s partially based on an actual experience.

1 Like

Nice! I’ve done some horror in the past, though that stuff will never see the light of day… (my writing was so bad back then). Though I’ve been told even my ‘lighthearted’ stuff is pretty grimdark… I just can’t write un-bleak, apparently.

Paranormal is good stuff. I love the aesthetic associated with it~

Which one are you writing now?

1 Like

Going to start with the paranormal one, since it’s an idea that I’ve had in my head for five years and will not go away. I’ve also become quite attached to one character, and believe that his story deserves to be written, no matter what other people will think. If that’s makes any sense lol.

Good stuff! That’s a pretty common reason for writing, I think. One of my novels on Wattpad is based on a 10±year-old idea and some really, really old characters that I just couldn’t hold back anymore XD It’s changed a lot since the earlier days but it’s the same core idea. I wish you the best of luck on your journey!

Is this your first novel ever, then?

1 Like

Yes, other than this I just have a poetry book up lol

1 Like

Awesome! Good luck, and you’ve got this! :smiley: Just keep keeping on, that’s the main thing to remember. As long as words are going on that paper, you’re writing a book, no matter how terrible you think it is~

1 Like

1 Like

For a novel such as the paranormal genre would you suggest creating your own locations or stick to real life. My character is currently moving to a forest where his mother once owned, since it’s off the governments grid and such.

It’s all up to you. Since it’s paranormal, I’d strongly suggest a real-world-inspired setting (since that’s a basis of the genre), but it doesn’t have to be based off a real actual place unless you feel inspired, and have the expertise on that area, to do so, as long as the general setting is vaguely like the real world. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with a real world inspired setting, just not like actual places like Seattle or such lol. In my story pretty much everything has been uprooted so now their are basically only two sides of territory left.

1 Like