I wanted to start something up for writers of the New Adult demographic, where we can support one another through talking about our stories, struggles, and accomplishments.
WHAT IS NEW ADULT
New Adult stories feature protagonists usually aged between 19-25. These stories are coming of age stories beyond that of Young Adult. New Adult stories have a similar tone as YA but a similar maturity of Adult.
From the fabulous @AWFrasier: YA is about asking the big question of what life is, and NA is about exploring the answers.
New Adult can span a multitude of genres. New Adult is an age category, meaning it can have stories in all walks of fiction, as long as it follows the same basic target audience and themes.
New Adult has struggled as a category to get its feet, mainly because there’s a lack of shelf space in traditional publishing. Because of this, many gloss over the category. Traditionally published stories are often aged up or down instead. It is, however, beginning to gain rise in indie, self, and digital publishing.
- Be Kind!
- NO ADVERTISING. Advertising your story by directing others to your story (even without the link) is against forum guidelines. If you would like to advertise your story, please take a look at the #share-your-story category.
- Feel free to share your achievements with your NA stories!
SOME QUESTIONS TO GET US STARTED!
Feel free to answer as many of as little as you like.
- Why is NA important to you?
- What is your NA story about?
- What do you struggle with as a NA writer?
- What are your goals with your NA stories?
- Did you enter any NA stories into the Wattys this year?