New Books In Library?

This is partially a question to other members of the community—are you finding books in your library that you never added? I’ll freely admit that I have a mild genetic memory problem, so it’s possible I’m just seeing books I added a long time ago that I forgot about and are now updating.

But it’s happened multiple times in the past week, and I’m honestly getting more and more certain I’ve never seen these books in my life… the latest one is Pick Me Up by SugaWithThatTae (no insult meant to the author, who I have to assume is not hacking into my account and cackling while inserting their works into my previously pristine Hall Of Reads), which I mention primarily because it’s a BTS RPF and I don’t like either that band or RPF in general. And the tags are all proper, so it’s not like I could’ve missed it… did this book just get sucked into my library somehow?

Please let me know if this has happened to you. Otherwise… yes, probably just me going nuts.

@yvesdot Are you using the app or web? :slight_smile:

Well, both, but in this case it’s happening on the app.

1 Like

@yvesdot Looks like a bug/glitch to me :slight_smile: You can read this article for more information: https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/203852950-Troubleshoot-issues-on-Apps

If troubleshooting doesn’t help, please send a ticket to Support here: https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

P.S: I’m not an ambassador, just like to help :slight_smile:

I don’t… think that will help, because it doesn’t happen daily. It happens at random, and maybe not at all–that’s why I want to know if anyone else is dealing with this. Otherwise, I guess I’ll never know for sure if it’s happening at all.

@yvesdot Even if the issue happens randomly, sending a bug-ticket is the best way to let Support know you are facing a problem and they can identify the source :slight_smile:

Lol…If you are nuts, so am I…!! I thought I was seriously imagining things. This year on the App, I have had random books show up in my Private Library. I keep thinking, I forgot that I added them. But, sometimes they are books, I would not be interested in.
Strange!!!
lol…You are not alone!

Idk @yvesdot it sounds to me like you’ve been sleepreading BTS fanfics.
You’ve been exposed :joy:

1 Like

(becomes a fan under the influence of hypnosis)

1 Like

It happens to the best of us :woman_shrugging: You can only be on Wattpad for so long before the fanfics come for you.

But all joking aside I haven’t run into this problem yet. I’m very intrigued by this. I hope Wattpad will start randomly adding my book to people’s libraries is all I can say.
“Hi, in your sleep we decided you’re reading Corvus next and there’s nothing you can do about it.”
“NoOoOoOoOoOoO”

So…I just logged in on the web. I now have “Alien Invasion: A Love Story” by Brittanie Charmintine.

Strange…not even the genre I read. I am now taking pics of random books added to my profile, so I have proof for the help desk.
Boy is Wattpad glitchy lately.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, thank you! I was starting to think I was just going nuts. I think I’ll just write down all the books I have now and then check when new books pop up…

Lol…right! I started taking pics because it’s driving me nuts! I submitted a ticket with this issue. They forwarded it to developers.

1 Like