New Spam Accounts Xnovel365

Today I had several new accounts send me private messages asking me if I want to put my books on their site called xnovel365. It seems to be a Chinese company. As soon as I mute one account another one sends me the same message. The way WP reporting system is set up I don’t have the time or patience to report multiple accounts.

@TheOrangutan

1 Like

Thanks for the tag Hayley, looks like that one’s been removed by Trust and Safety already

4 Likes

I feel you. I sent in 6 reports for XNovel Private message recruiting spam last night/this morning. Six different account names, all of them with zero reading lists, followers, etc. Ugh. I got a Wattpad email with the "While they may not be a violation of our policies, we’ve enabled all users with tools to help themselves " boilerplate. Does that mean we’re just supposed to mute these jokers and not report them as spam?

@TheOrangutan

6 Likes

I’ve had the same issue. Replying to maintain visibility of this topic.

2 Likes

I had one that messaged my co account (which has no books except an award so the whole “we’ve read your books” cracked me up) and I reported them, but it was immediately closed and they weren’t removed so i shared the information with an ambassador

1 Like

As I figured this problem is very common. I got three more messages.

That’s why I don’t report things. I wish they had a better system.

1 Like

Hi,

Just been talking to Trust and Safety about this one. Standard procedure if you get a poacher is Mute, then Report. And if you pop the name of the company who’ve approached you in the report then your report should feed straight to the team so they can close them down.

I think that particular boilerplate you got was a bit of a glitch.

Cheers, Gav

2 Likes

I also got one from Xnovel, so I’ve muted and reported it.

1 Like

Looks like these guys are all over Wattpad poaching writers :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah, I read a thread about it 2 days ago and the next moment I received a similar msg. Good thing I didn’t get too excited.

2 Likes

I hate it that they feed off writers. Ugh.

Will mute and report the leech I got.

In other news, I just love it that the email address is @rnovel365 - what legitimate company doesn’t have an email in their domain?

1 Like

They are scammers, that’s why.

Hi folks,

I’ve just posted some more information on spam and how to combat it here,

thanks, Gav

2 Likes

Thanks for the initiative! :smiley: