New to the community

Hi there. I’ve joined Wattpad way back in 2015 but haven’t used it until this September. Weird, right? So I’ve only just discovered that Wattpad has online community threads and thought I’d say hi.

I’d love to make friends. I currently write in hybrid genres. I’m talking, romance, dark, mystery, gothic, angst/drama, thriller all tied in one. But if you think of it, most books are hybrid, they have elements of many genres with a main presiding genre.

Anyway, I would love to discuss the woes of being undiscovered. Having to do countless read for reads and putting up with un-genuine support. (I like to think of them as the voters who fake read books in a minute.

In my short, active time on Wattpad, let’s just say it’s been a bit of an uphill drag.

Anyway enough of me ranting. Please introduce yourselves. : ) What are your experiences with Wattpad?

Would you be able to convince a cynic to continue writing on Wattpad? I mean the reason I never did anything once I joined was because I thought it’s near to impossible to get your works out there.

Hi, I’m Andie! Welcome to the Forums!

And yes, being an undiscovered writer is NOT easy, lol

1 Like

Heyy! Lovely to meet you.

1 Like

Likewise! Tell me about yourself! How did you discover the forums?

The cool thing about being undiscovered: You’re not alone, and there’s a lot of us who know how you feel : )

There’s a good amount of genuine support here, too. I don’t do social media, and it took me a while to get into these forums. Now I won’t shut up, and I’ve met great folks and found good stories to read.

I’d say “welcome” but you already belong here …

2 Likes

CS omg hi!

1 Like

I literally felt like my work was being swallowed by the millions of books on Wattpad and there’s like hundreds more published every day so I went online to search for a community and came across this. I used to write on this website called Figment.com for like seven years before they sadly closed down. It had a huge writers base.

1 Like

How’s that math test go, Tiger?

1 Like

I think I did well, actually :relaxed:

1 Like

Math in any form is my Kryptonite, so good for you.

1 Like

And I’m sorry you got to see my ugly side this week with the whole followers thing :grimacing: Not my classiest moment… lol

1 Like

Lol, it was stats. So it was um… kinda hard? But thankfully, I have an awesome professor, so it wasn’t that bad

1 Like

Same! It’s frustrating when no one’s reading and no one’s commenting. It feels like other books with millions of reads and thousands of votes seem to overshadow your own…

1 Like

I love reading romance!!! :heart:

Is it anything mature?

1 Like

Exactly! That basically describes how I feel lol. Like I’m not really into social media and yeah these forums seem pretty tricky to navigate at first glance.

2 Likes

Yay! Do you like writing them too?

1 Like

Are you kidding? I was BORN reading and writing romances :relaxed:

You’re human, you’ve got feelings, and you’re a writer. A classy china teacup filled with dynamite. We all have limits and you have no reason to apologize. Boom, sister! Every day is another new movie and I hope you’ll look forward and forget today : )

1 Like

Lol but I’m not that skilled, so…