New to Wattpad - Not getting any votes

So, I’ve been on Wattpad for about a week so far and I’ve had no trouble getting reads. I think 150 is a decent enough number.
But no one seems to be voting or commenting and I’m just curious whether this is normal. There are other books with fewer reads that have a substantial number of votes and comments while mine has next to none.

Thanks in advance.

In my experience, it’s pretty normal lol. Your reads always tend to be higher than the votes or comments. I know for me, I sometimes forget to vote if I read a chapter I like, and I’m sure it’s true for other readers. I think as long as you’re looking at your engagement stats, that’s really the best way to see if people are actually paying attention to your story.

But that’s just my personal experience and opinion if it helps any :slight_smile:

EDIT: And the engagement stat I focus on personally is completed reads.

9 Likes

giggles

For a week thats good shit

Highly

They could have forgot or not liked it or not moved enough to comment. Try Read for reads or even a beta to see whats up.

2 Likes

Completely normal! Wattpad takes time, 150 reads is a good start in just one week - the votes will come soon but it’s worth remembering a lot of readers just prefer to stay silent :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I feel you. I’ve only been posting consistently for about two months but my reads are a lot higher than votes - and I’ve next to no comments. I was starting to get paranoid about it, but at least the engagement tells you a lot.

With read for reads, can I ask more experienced Wattpaders, do you do that through the forums?

1 Like

A good deal of readers are silent readers and they don’t comment or vote. It will pick up over time. When you finish your book it really starts to grow. I am nearly done and I’ve noticed an increase in reads towards the end. good luck and don’t get discouraged.

5 Likes

Thanks so much, that’s encouraging to hear :slight_smile:

Yes. You can find read for read threads in Critiques and feedback. Some people will message others for read for reads through the main site, but most of the time the messaged ends up getting ripped off when it’s done privately. You can get ripped off through threads too, but it’s less common because it’s public.

2 Likes

I hate that I don’t but I’m learning to appreciate the comments.

2 Likes

I get you, it’s a rough learning curve when you’re so hopeful in the beginning.

Okay, thank you so much! That was actually so helpful. Let me know if you’d like me to read anything of yours - I’m always looking for new work!

1 Like

You can take a look if you want, but it’s not necessary. I’m just doing my job. Well, technically, it’s not my official job for another week since I’m still in training, but nevertheless, it’s what I try to do. :grin:

And I’m sure you do it well, I’ll check your profile out :slight_smile:

Hello :slight_smile:

Hey :slight_smile: Nice username, btw.

Oh thanks haha, How are you?

Pretty good - trying to get some writing done but it’s getting late here. How about you? Where are you from? :slight_smile:

It’s extremely normal, but 150 reads in a week is freaking fantastic! Sadly, there are many readers on Wattpad who just don’t comment or vote. But i could understand that since I used to be one. Sometimes people just forget or they’re shy.

6 Likes

Been here for a while now, and I have only 13 reads and a lot less votes.

I’d say that your doing well.

SD

1 Like

I’m happy to check out your work and profile, it’s nice to support each other :slight_smile: