New to Wattpad

Hi, I’m new to the website and finding my feet. This forum interested me as it appears to hold an maturer audience. I like young adult fiction and do enjoy reading them, but I’d like to find a more mature selection of books too. Am I missing something? Sorry if my question doesn’t fit this forum.

6 Likes

Welcome to Wattpad, April.

I’ve been here since about the beginning of the new year and I lurk a lot more than I talk. So, I know a little about Wattpad.

I would love to assist you with your inquiry, but I’m not sure what you mean by ‘mature’. Do you mean mature content (18+) or adult fiction written by adults ?

I hope you enjoy your stay here, and feel free to dm me if you have any further questions. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Hey there, welcome to Wattpad =) I’ve been here since July (I think) and am still finding my feet too, so don’t think you need to kill yourself learning all the ins and outs overnight. We’re all here to help where we can,

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for replying. I’m not looking to read adult fiction, I love young adult fiction, but I wondered if there are other stories written with older characters involved, if that makes sense. So at the moment, as my novel is not set for a young adult audience, I’m unsure if Wattpad is for me.

2 Likes

There is most definitely an adult audience here.

This profile might interest you:
https://www.wattpad.com/user/adultfiction

Since you like YA, but want older characters, perhaps New Adult would work? There’s usually crossover potential.
https://www.wattpad.com/user/NewAdultReads

2 Likes

There are quite a few stories with exactly that here

1 Like

Sorry, I read your message wrong. I’m a bit wired from coffee, haha.

I would write/share your story and post it to WP because it sounds interesting. :slight_smile:

And follow what @MakaylaSophia suggested. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might want to edit your message, as this could be considered advertising, which isn’t allowed :heart:

1 Like

I don’t see how as I didn’t add in a link or name is specifically, but sure

1 Like

Links are an obvious sign of self-advertising, but mentioning your story can, as Makayla said, imply that you are directing people to read your story.

It’s a foggy line that people confuse a lot in terms of how they can talk about their stories without it crossing the border of ‘self-advertisement’.

You can talk about your book, so long as it doesn’t imply that they can or should read it. :slight_smile: If that makes any sense. :blue_heart:

It’s a gray line, but I edited the original post (shrug)

1 Like

Thanks, hun. :hugs:

No worries =)

1 Like

Hi! There is literally everything on Wattpad. It can look like everything is teen fiction, fan fiction, romance, or some cross of the three, but really it’s not. I’ve read well-written Thrillers, great hard Science Fiction, Fantasy that isn’t teen dystopia XVIII (nothing wrong with teen dystopias, just saying there’s a lot of them and sometimes one wants something else), General Fiction, Historical Fiction. Lots of different stuff!. As the Wattpad algorithm learns what you like, the suggestions get better. Hang in there!

I felt the same way in the beginning, but yeah, there is some more adult oriented stuff in here. Welcome and enjoy!

Hello! :smile:

Alas, I’m going to have to remove your comment. Asking people read your story, and/or providing a link, is considered self-advertising and is against Club Guidelines

If you would like feed back on your story, feel free to have a look at the Story Services club :smile:

You can also share your story in the Share a Story Club :smile:

Thank you for understanding!

Amelia - Community Ambassador :spruce_goose: