Nick Endorsed Optimistic Wattys 2019 Thread

now that we know June 4th is the big date, you may be thinking things like:

“i don’t have what it takes”

“my book is not as good as someone else’s”

or

“i tried before and didn’t make it”

BUT, here’s a fresh take: why don’t we, instead, hype each other up and also ourselves? nurture our hope? share tips and tricks? encourage others to participate?

so let’s use this thread for that! negativity and self deprecation out the window, bring on the positive feels! :star2:

best of luck, y’all!! :orange_heart:

48 Likes

:four_leaf_clover:Good luck everyone!:four_leaf_clover:

Why not enter? You loose nothing by adding one tag and you never know what might happen :calmwolf:

19 Likes

hell yeah, this is some quality positivity and i am here for it! good luck to you on all of your ventures!

9 Likes

drop the mic right now

4 Likes

we need it!! :star2:

2 Likes

I’m honestly looking forward to seeing the Watty’s go down for the first time since I’ve really been active on the site. :slight_smile:

Genuine question, though, would y’all recommend holding off this year if a book just isn’t super long or near complete yet? I actually like how my work’s coming out, it’s honestly just fairly new lol.

4 Likes

hmm, good question. how many chapters do you have so far (and an average length)?

because from what i’ve seen, you can definitely apply with incomplete stories as long as you have enough published that they’re able to see that you have a solid plot going on, character development, voice and good grammar.

3 Likes

20k words so far, and I plan on adding a decent number of chapters before the Wattys actually open, adding length and delving more into a real solid plot.

Totally understand what you mean though. I’ll probably see where I’m at once they open. :slight_smile: Thank you!

Still looking forward to seeing everyone’s stuff, even if I can’t join in this year specifically. It should be fun.

4 Likes

awesome! and also keep in mind that the nomination period also gives you time to add more chapters to your book :relaxed:

1 Like

I LOVE THE WATTYS!

Like Watty season is the best season on Wattpad and I’m always super pumped for it! :muscle: I can’t wait to see the categories this year! Oh and the graphics looks super cute this year!

Argh! I have nothing to add but pure excitement. :sparkles:

11 Likes

500/10 agree with you!! the wattys and fun, exciting times :confetti_ball:

i’m so pumped :muscle:t2: how many stories do you plan on entering?

1 Like

Wattys party!!! :tada:

I have two that are elligible but I’m not holding my breath on those ones. They’re definitely not where my previous entries were, but I’m just happy to be able to participate - and like @calmwolf said: You lose nothing by entering :smile:

What about you?

5 Likes

that’s right!! best of luck :orange_heart::tada:

i’m eager to see what the rules this year will be, to see if my oldest book qualifies. aside from that one, i have three more that should be eligible :grin:

4 Likes

And right back at ya :smile:

Oh damn, that’s awesome! :muscle: Get aaaall of them in there!

1 Like

i’ll go big this year! :triumph:

1 Like

:sparkles: :sunflower: GO BIG OR GO HOME :sunflower: :sparkles:

3 Likes

definitely not going home because this is the

:tada: WATTYS PARTY :tada:

3 Likes

IT’S WATTYS SEASON, BITCHES!

Sorry, I’m just really excited :joy:

5 Likes

i approve of this message, lmao

1 Like

Okay, question for the masses:

Which kind of category would you like to see this year?

2 Likes