Not responding to reviewers, always respond to comments,

I read all comments and reviews on my books. I love when they catch typos or odd sentences. Other than that I appreciate any feedback. I typically do not respond and if so it is a thank you or answering a question.

No no no no. Never respond to a review. Reviews are just that. A review. It’s criticism or love that a reader leaves for other readers.

There’s a difference between a review and a comment on Wattpad. I do respond to those comments. I love interacting with my readers.

The reviews my books receive on Amazon, B&N, or Goodreads? Absolutely not! That is bad author etiquette.

Do you mean on Wattpad? Because I love it if the people I reviewed for actually took the time to interact with me, rather than saying “k thx” when I’m done and then leave.

Wattpad comments are not reviews. Wattpad is a writer community, not a place for customers to see if they want to buy the book.

You would be surprised… many offer reviews here: #story-services:critiques-and-feedback.

But I asked just to clarify what kind of “reviews” Sarah meant

i think it depends but most of the time, replying to reviewers is an utter waste of time.

you just cannot please everyone and there are some people who do give proper reviews, but most of the time, they are just left by angry readers who didn’t like what you are writing.

that said, im not saying that reviews are useless. they are helpful but in the end, you are the one who will have to decide if you want to change your novel or not.

i’ve had people point out certain things i never knew and as a result, portrayed it wrongly in my novel. such reviews and criticism are helpful but the vast majority are just from people who dislike how different my novel is.