🍀 Off-Season Wattys Support Group 🍀

support-thread

Hello and welcome to the Off-Season Wattys Support Group. My ultimate goal is to support you with writing or editing your 2020 Wattys entry. And also just provide a nice and supportive hub for either hardened veteran writers, seasoned ones or completely fresh ones.

You won’t find critics or beta readers here. Please go to #story-services to look for those.

You can ask for feedback on summaries, blurbs, short exerpts and stuff like that. Please just don’t link to your story as that counts as self-advertisement and isn’t allowed.

:four_leaf_clover: Calendar :four_leaf_clover:

30th of September: Watty Winners Announced!!!

:four_leaf_clover:October: Talk about the winners - plans for next year - goals list - NaNo Prep -

:trophy: 2nd of October - Watty Winner AMA with @thatCalamity :trophy:

:trophy: 4th of October 2 PM UK time - Watty Winner AMA with @LuliWrites :trophy:

:trophy: 5th of October - Watty Winner AMA with @Dear_Rhian :trophy:

:four_leaf_clover: November: NaNo Support - “Do as Much as You Can”-November

:four_leaf_clover: December: @KR_Williams’s Advent Calendar Challenge

:four_leaf_clover: List info :four_leaf_clover:

The tag list: Just tag me and tell me you want on or off it and it shall be done.

The Achievements List: Any great achievement goes here - just holler and I’ll put it there.

The Goals’ List: Whatever writing goal you have, just ask me to put it on the list! :sparkles:

:cactus: Rules :cactus:

1. No advertising or spamming
  2. Keep it mostly writing related, otherwise, we gotta move to #the-cafe
  3. Be nice - fighting, trashtalking, bullying etc. won’t be tolerated
  4. It’s an inclusive thread - remember to stay respectful of others
  5. Everyone is welcome!

tag-list

:four_leaf_clover:@darvruni :four_leaf_clover: @calmwolf :four_leaf_clover: @StarbucksMocha :four_leaf_clover: @SapphireAlena :four_leaf_clover: @poznati :four_leaf_clover: @HayleyDooley :four_leaf_clover: @hcwilhelm :four_leaf_clover: @Olubean :four_leaf_clover: @MistickMage :four_leaf_clover: @JuliaLundstrom :four_leaf_clover: @FantasybkLover :four_leaf_clover: @EchoeOtto :four_leaf_clover: @marinam56 :four_leaf_clover: @Lucille_Dixon :four_leaf_clover: @kadauhara99 :four_leaf_clover: @shadowsettle :four_leaf_clover: @houseofmirrors :four_leaf_clover: @Exequinne :four_leaf_clover: @Hubrism :four_leaf_clover: @Nablai :four_leaf_clover: @minahava :four_leaf_clover: @ReyenaScarr :four_leaf_clover: @rosemaryandrue :four_leaf_clover: @ClassicImagination :four_leaf_clover: @cheryboba :four_leaf_clover:

:fox_face: @KR_Williams Dark Fantasy author, LGBTQ and Non-Binary Own Voices, 1st Person POV Present Style. Premium Author, Patreon person.

:volcano: @thatCalamity - SFF&H author, LGBTQ and diverse characters. Style varies, themes vary. Cowboy elves and dream vampires. Watty Winner and Wattpad Star.

:awfrasier: @AWFrasier - Dark Low Fantasy with lots of Romance, Adventure and Action. LGBTQ+, OwnVoice, first person POV, past tense. Wattpad Star, Paid Stories Participant.

:heart: @authorhlumelo - African Fantasy author. Budding writer of queer characters and societies, growing magic system explorer, legend of non-western worlds. Third Person Past Tense. Wattpad Star & Paid Stories. Watty Award winner 2019. Patreon smol.

:surfing_woman: @SurferJulz - Paranormal/ fantasy, romance, but not always, striving to add more diversity, and always inclusive of a bit of paranormal or fantastical elements.

:rose: @rosemaryandrue - genre hopper, diverse characters and settings, various POVs and tenses. Loves unreliable narrators and a vivid turn of phrase.

:alien: @DomiSotto - a genre and POV-hopping versatile author with a flair for escapism - and a good supporter in the beginning phases of a writer’s journey

:cherries: @kadauhara99 - Fantasy, Science Fiction (Space Opera), short story writer; not tied to a particular genre. (Occasionally, dabbles in poetry.) Third person limited past tense, currently experimenting with first person present tense. Diverse-ish characters.

:spider_web: @MaskedParkers - Horror and Mystery author, but writes the occasional lighthearted comedy. Diverse and historical settings. Anti-hero and villain protagonists. Third Person Past Tense. New Adult and Young Adult audiences.

:bird: @Dear_Rhian - A contemporary YA author who has recently dabbled in a bit of paranormal fiction. Loves a 1st person present POV, and slightly obsessed with character voice and development. Accidental creator of funny narrators since 1996.

:coffee: @StarbucksMocha - Fantasy/horror writer who used to write a lot of Romance. Loves art and creating things, huge fan of murder shows. 3rd Person Limited, but does dabble in 1st Person on the occasion. I love characters who are complex (big fan of bad guy backstories and how they got so twisted. If someone else had been in their place would they have picked the same path? That sort of stuff.)

:owl: @JuliaLundstrom – Dark fantasy/paranormal author and queen of fancy gay characters. Third person POV past tense. Everyone is LGBTQ. Everyone is hot. Body horror galore and angsty immortals.

:pen: @LuliWrites - Mythology Romance author. First person POV, past tense, diverse characters, Wattpad Star, Watty Winner, and resident Egg Queen.

:diamond: @SapphireAlena - New Adult Fiction (college drama), Star Wars fanfiction (primarily between ROTJ and TFA but one that falls between ROTS and ANH), Wattpad How-To book on the Writer’s Portal, Wattys Longlister 2018. Strengths: characterization, dialogue, author’s voice, SPAG and tight style. Weakness: action scenes and flowery description. Pantser all the way! - Prefer 3rd Past or Omni Past. I am currently writing 1st Past for my NA WIP because it is the preferred POV for the genre. Not a fan of anything in present tense, but I have edited present tense for two different clients previously.

:oncoming_automobile: @AdriaCimino – author of paranormal fiction and general fiction with a touch of magic, Paris dweller (like a lot of my characters), 1st Person or 3rd Person POV depending on the mood of the story, former small publishing house co-owner who is always happy to answer editing/publishing questions.

:ringer_planet: @Nablai - Short story writer, poet, one who loves writing with a dash of romance, adventure and fantasy.

:wolf: @calmwolf - At the moment a fantasy, adventure, and werewolf writer, who tends to make things darker then intended. However, is ready to genre hop and dabble in other worlds! Planster. Can write in first or third person, past and present tense–depends on the story.

:books: @maythemayday - Low Fantasy romance author with a love for dubious endings. Writes mainly character driven novels with outcasts and forbidden romances. Young and New Adult audiences.

26 Likes

achievements

:awfrasier: @AWFrasier - finished Horror short story + cover

:fox_face: @KR_Williams - Finished first chapter of graphic novel

:rabbit: @Hubrism found the title for my upcoming nano project, a fantasy YA.

:bird: @Dear_Rhian - 1k reads and 250 votes

:rose: @rosemaryandrue - finished two novels!

:fire: @HayleyDooley - finished 6 WIPs

:surfing_woman: @SurferJulz - Won NaNo - uploaded pitch

watty-winners

:dagger: @poznati :tada:

:bird: @Dear_Rhian :tada:

:heart: @authorhlumelo :tada:

:volcano: @thatCalamity :tada:

:pen: @LuliWrites :tada:

:yellow_circle: @kateryderbooks :tada:

:sunflower: @minahava :tada:

18 Likes

goals

:awfrasier: @AWFrasier - Write “Conspiracy of Ravens” - Finish Bastards and Thorns - Finish “Horns”

:star: @LailaLiliana - Become a Wattpad Star - Get back to updating regularly - Finish outline for next project

:rose: @rosemaryandrue - Start posting Causative Effect by January

:dagger: : @poznati - finish revisions in a timely manner - become a WattPairs Mentor

:house: @houseofmirrors - get back to weekly updates and complete first draft by the end of the year

:diamond: @SapphireAlena - write next chapter this weekend - rework pitch (maybe edit plot too)

:fox_face: @KR_Williams - Finish Mortician of Avalon before the end of the year - Write 50,000 words of Vee for Nanowrimo - Develop author brand

:tea: @sarakbeeksma - Finish Bloodlust 40K - War of Ages 100K for NaNoWriMo - Edit Pitch for TTOC

:owl: @JuliaLundstrom - Add new content to the TMOE trilogy - Rewrite the TMOE trilogy - Rewrite Virtuosity - Finish Daydreams and Nightshade - Finish at least two side stories

:surfing_woman: @SurferJulz - finish novel

:coffee: @StarbucksMocha - Finish novel

:alien: @DomiSotto - Finish and polish novel

:bear: @kukamukies - Finish first draft

:dancer: @MarinaM56 - Finish novels

:purple_circle: @SerdraGondex - finish the first three episodes (about eighteen chapters) of “Reminiscia: Season 1” by December

:cherry_blossom: @hcwilhelm - Finish half of JANUS (book 2) by end of October

:fire: @HayleyDooley - Finish fifth novel

:rabbit: @Hubrism - drafting three books, querying one, continuing to develop my silly goose author brand and participating in the wattys again.

:spider: @MaskedParkers - winning a Watty

:pen: @LuliWrites - Don’t get a D

:green_apple: @ThingsUCantImagine Be more active on the forums - rewrite and restructure completed Sci Fi story - write a chapter a week for current WIP - recomence work on a shelved WIP

:maple_leaf: @ReyenaScarr - finish three novels before 2020

:beach_umbrella: @tidalbay - Add ~5k to A Darkness of Wolves - Finish Somewhere Only We Know between 50-55k - Complete 1 new MG book for Nanowrimo 2019 - Participate in DVPit and PitMad on Twitter - Successfully attend a writing retreat - Start Tell Me About Kate - Complete required edits on books to be published early 2020

21 Likes

And we’re open for business!

@LailaLiliana that was one smooth kill, hot damn. :fire:

8 Likes

Now we can get to killing this thread :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Ok I second this ^^^
I just read that and wow. Hot damn.

1 Like

Hahaha, one post at a time! :muscle:

1 Like

I just convinced my mom to do NaNo and she just went in a riff about how she’s at an advantage because she doesn’t have school and… I’m going to need the support guys :joy:

2 Likes

I appreciate this, as an adult with limited energy😅

8 Likes

May I join even if I’m not planning anything major? :smiley: @AWFrasier
I’m also not much of a talker and tend to go mute in big threads. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes! Welcome. Right now we’re just freaking out about Wattys results coming out on Monday. Hopefully one of us gets something for the achievement board that day :joy:

5 Likes

Wow, it’s so close. XD
I kind of forgot, which is bad of me. I’ll bring videos and gifs to make up for it. :rofl::heart:
Now, that you’ve mentioned it, I can’t wait to see who wins.

2 Likes

Of course! You wanna be added to the tag list? :smile:

1 Like

Yes, thank you.
:heart:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: I really thought it wasn’t going to let me add the second comment. When I typed the first, it was at 9998. When I submitted it, it said over 10,000. And I was like oh man, now I just look like a weirdo.

1 Like

DONE! :white_check_mark:

Naaaaah, that was super cool :sunglasses: I didn’t even realise it had closed and then I scrolled down and just sat there like “huh… Well that was smooth.”

1 Like

I’m cool as a cucumber :cucumber: :joy:

I’m so ready for September 30th! I can’t wait to be like I KNOW SO MANY WATTY WINNERS :tada: It’s kind of like knowing celebrities :star_struck:

2 Likes

Is this a record for going past 10,000 replies? Didn’t know this was possible.

4 Likes

I WANT IT TO BE THE 30TH NOW!

Also, if y’all protostars wanna join the Wattys party over here, you’re more than welcome on Monday! :tada::wine_glass::beers:

4 Likes