On editing payments...

I’m a novice editor trying to build a portfolio. I see that there’s a club here designated for critiques and feedback, and I want to offer my services. I know that any “off-Wattpad” payment isn’t allowed, but I was wondering if I could reference any editing work that I do for this site on a possible resume. I would absolutely ask permission from the authors before I referenced them. I just want to know if it’s allowed.

This may be a question for one of the ambassadors, maybe one from the editing side of Wattpad. I’m not sure how much help us regular folk can give you outside of them and maybe Google. I don’t see a reason why you wouldn’t be able to but always better to ask (better safe than sorry as they say).

Hey there!

I see no reason why it would be an issue to offer your editing here, and add any work completed to your resume/portfolio with author permission. As your portfolio would be off-site, we don’t have anything to do with that. :slight_smile: Just be honest with your customers, and follow the guidelines for Wattpad when you post here. :sparkles:

Good luck, let me know if you need anything! :claraelisibeth:

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks!