Ooorah! Tevun-Krus 2019 discussion thread

I might be taking a brief hiatus, trying to get some hardware studies done. Going to learn how to build an InMoov, but I’m hoping to get more technically accurate Scifi done once I’m able to afford to get that stuff built.

Which is not as impossible as trying to build a full blown Sophia/Little Sophia. But I suspect my style will draw from more direct experience in the future.

Interesting side note: I’m finding simpler ways to do Decision Trees day by day, and overcame this odd looping issue in Decision Tree architecture.

1 Like

My best wishes are with you, Sarah :slight_smile:

1 Like

Side note: This advice I got on a chatbot is a good example of what I mean sometimes.

I understand theoretically one should accept criticism, nothing unsound about this. The problem to me, is when someone (in a field like programming) where they know they’re giving deliberately the wrong answer to a problem.

Because I’ve come from the writing world, with that kind of mindset in place to take criticism, I’m not really sure how to deal with it when the advice is clearly wrong.

Example: Suggesting you use AIML, when AIML has been out of vogue for at least a decade or more.

It’s this kind of advice, I don’t … really get the point of. Someone like that knows exactly what they’re doing: putting the programmer in the position of, if they correct them about something, they’re deemed as “not taking criticism.”

It’s completely irresponsible.

Definitely missed you on the last issue. I mean, sure, I was in the middle of nailing my main character to the floor of hell with a rusty railroad spike, but VR is next and the technological future will be bright and shiny and with heavenly clouds on the horizon after that.

2 Likes

Hi all! :wave:
I’m back and I have a story for the Virtual Reality edition (I actually wrote it a while ago but it’s been off wattpad for a few years now)

3 Likes

Can’t wait to read it, Vera :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks amazing!

2 Likes

I’m writing, but it will be a close call this time, @MadMikeMarsbergen

3 Likes

Put on your VR goggles and write it in second life. I think time runs slower there? Or is it faster? Either way you can do it!
:rocket:

3 Likes

Good idea. I’ll go for it. :tada:

2 Likes

@MadMikeMarsbergen This week’s been crazily busy. Will PM you the virtual reality article by Sunday. Hope you don’t mind the delay, Mike :slight_smile:

Sent you an Aftershot @MadMikeMarsbergen
Couldn’t wring my brain to adapt a rhyme on this one…

@Nablai @jinnis @angerbda Glad to hear, everyone

2 Likes

Almost there, Mike. Unfortunately hit by a migraine again. So I’ll have to see if I can finish it in the next few hours.

1 Like

[Hugs] :hugs: Take care of yourself, my friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Nab, I will!

1 Like

@MadMikeMarsbergen set up and ready in the usual place…

Putting together Google Cardboard VR goggles in preparation. :goggles:

1 Like

@MadMikeMarsbergen I’ll submit my VR article by tonight. Was down with diarrhea yesterday :disappointed:

Virtual reality article sent by PM :slight_smile: Just hope it meets your expectations, Mike.

2 Likes