@Overcast_Days as for your question as to how I make the covers, well there isn’t a formula for it. Each cover evolves as I make them. But I have a few pointers,
- I make sure the text is readable and big.
- The cover theme question I ask in my form helps me narrow down the style.
- Make sure to zoom out to check how the cover would look when it’s small
- Have margins on all side and don’t let the text cross them.
- Regularly looking at other covers gives inspiration to think differently.
- Text color, font, placement, spacing and effects play a huge role.
I have a tutorial thread for photoshop which I update as time allows me. Link is over at post #5