Paid Stories Update ft Nick

No, the rates aren’t negotiable or no, they’re not based on reads/total books published/etc.?

@FantasybkLover - I think it’s safe to say this. One of the things that really impressed me about the contract was that, at many points, you’d have the standard legalese, followed by a summary sentence that would repeat that particular item, but in more layman’s terms, for the sake of clarity. I’d never seen that in a contract before and it went a long way towards making me feel more comfortable with what I was reviewing. Thumbs up to whomever decided to include that bit! :+1:t4:

Of course, if you need further clarification or have questions, you can always work with your prospective editorial coach or whomever is managing onboarding, and they can get more clarity for you by conferring with internal resources.

You should, however, always seek legal counsel if you feel more comfortable doing so; but I felt like I had a pretty good grasp on the terms of the contract that I was signing.

That would’ve been a logical course of action, but then again, why would I have used logic :sweat_smile:

Thank you. I can’t figure out how to change the @ name… I’m guessing it isn’t possible? Just curious and thanks Nablai for answering my question :slight_smile:

You may want to log out and log back in if you’ve made changes that aren’t carrying over to here. :smile_cat:

Hello!

Your account profile should be attached to your profile on Wattpad.

First, it is important to note that your username is different than your name. Your name can be changed easily and continuously. Your username is the @ name that people can notify and tag you with and is unique to you. It can be changed in your account settings on Wattpad:
Screenshot
And this is the box that it pulls up:
Screenshot
It states that:
1. It may take 24 hours for changes to take effect.
2. A lot of changes will be made, and you may lose past username links (since you will have a different one).
3. You may want to log out and then back in with the new account username.

Hope you get things sorted out soon. :hearts:

Share to save virtual lives

Hi! Do you know if stories written in other languages may apply to the paid stories program? Thanks!

The applications only exist in English for now. There are also Paid stories in Spanish and Tagalog that have already been added

I checked this: https://www.wattpad.com/paidstories/

I clicked on FAQ under the word English and an error page came up… https://www.wattpad.com/user/faqs-eng

Is there glitch?

@nick I don’t know if this as been asked or not, but when someone unlocks a chapter, do you get a notification the same way as for when someone votes or comments on a chapter? Like “Username has unlocked chapter number” in the notification section?

No not currently. On the table though.

that’s a linking error we’ll fix

How is payment actually handled? Like, wire transfer? PayPal? Chicken nuggets?

We purchased one of the few remaining condors and trained them as a courier

Steer clear of Venezuela then. We ate those things to near extinction.

Hawks should be better than Condors. Or at least a Falcon/Hawk are well trained I think… Or go with the old Pigeon :joy:

Ever tried using doves :dove: , Nick? :joy:

download Messenger goat

You nailed it, Sabrina :joy: Nothing but a goat will do for the Supreme Goat Lord :goat: