Pitch Wars?

Anyone thinking of entering this year? •̀.̫•́✧

4 Likes

I was going to (was hoping to have my manuscript ready this month), but sometimes life just gets in the way! Since there were a lot of changes going on, too, I’m going to wait this year out and see what happens.

2 Likes

If I can get my synopsis together in time. I’ve been working with a couple former mentors but I just can’t seem to get all the right information into it. So I might not be ready as a result (I haven’t even started to work on my query. I have to focus on one at a time)

2 Likes

What are pitch wars?

2 Likes

It’s a mentorship competition. People can submit their polished, unpublished Manuscript to a collection of industry professionals (interns, editors, etc) for a chance to have one of them mentor them for 2 months. They will help the author wip the MS into shape (and the query). Then it’ll go to an agent round where they could potentially get picked up for publishing. I did it once and it was a great experience just from meeting like-minded authors all insecure about their MS and wanting to make it shine.

7 Likes

Is this a yearly thing? Because I might enter next year when I actually have a manuscript to enter with :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yup! Check pitchwars.org for the deets.

2 Likes

Thinking about it, but I’m not sure I have the capacity to dedicate the time that would be required.

1 Like

Really wish I had a query package ready for this year so I could participate.

Good luck to everyone who are ready and participating :smile:

3 Likes

I never seem to finish a book on time, otherwise I would have pitched The Incarnations Of Hemato-Tomato And Anna-Marie (A.k.a. Anna-Marie With Her Shotgun).

I’m also hesitant to pitch such gory fiction. I may have to age it up to New Adult.

The guy who wrote the true crime case about Anna-Marie Boeglin said she might want to read it someday, and thinks I should publish the novel.

(Sergie Jenoin Benanti is an extremely nice guy, not at all the stereotype about the French. If you like True Crime, his works are stellar.)

2 Likes

I might enter again this year. It might be futile to enter with the same book but i would apply to new mentors… hehe

3 Likes

Good luck to those entering! I have just now heard of this and am very excited to do this in the future.

3 Likes

I really want to enter this year, but like Prisim I’m struggling with my synopsis! Anybody know of good places to workshop?

1 Like

If you find some, let me know LOL I need someone that will be honest, but not brutal 'cause I’m already on thin ice with the confidence on this thing, but I definitely need help on mine.

1 Like

Why are these things so hard to write? :tired_face: 500 words isn’t like…100K or anything LOL

Because you have to sum up that 100K book into those 500-1000 words :laughing:

I’m entering Pitch Wars! :smiley:

1 Like

Nope, but I’ll be watching. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If it makes anyone feel better most of the pitches I saw last time were pitiful.

1 Like

I can see one Mentor that I’d particularly like to sling my words at, but I also have to figure out how to go about a synopsis and query letter.

Edit: I surprised myself and managed to smash out both. Looks like I’ll be having a crack at it o:

1 Like

Now that PitchWars is near, who is entering? I’ve decide to pass this year again. My confidence just isnt where it needs to be. I shouldn’t need someone holding my hand just to write a synopsis without cracking into extreme self doubt. So for the sake of my mental health I’ve put publishing on the shelf until I can see myself as a better writer.

I still support these ventures because they do open potential doors to a lot of people. So if you’re on the fence about entering, but have all the materials needed to enter, just do it!

2 Likes