Pitmad Pitches for December 6th

We have very set rules in my native languages for how to put commas - and they’re nothing like English rules, lol.

I’ve admitted defeat to the curly little suckers.

You will conquer them eventually, those… curly little suckers. Although they’re not really curly, are they?

Eh. To each their own.

How about:

Time is running out for a condemned man. Student journalist Dakota Jennings is trying to determine his guilt - but when the truth finally emerges, more than one dead body is left in its wake.

I kind of try to slip her age in there with the student journalist since I’m not sure if I want to pitch is as adult or new adult.

Kind of curly :joy:

I think I’m too old at this point. If I haven’t learned by now, I don’t think it’ll stick. Which is okay, honestly. English is like my third language. Can’t be perfect in every aspect of it :joy:

But back to pitches!

@SallyMason1 I think this one is a hit:

Time is running out for a condemned man. A journalism student, Dakota Jennings is trying to determine his guilt - but when the truth finally emerges, more than one dead body is left in its wake.

Mentioning she’s a student will definitely put it in a more New Adult demographic. But I think it’d work either way to be honest.

Her?

SOMEONE ANSWER ME DAKOTA IS A HER NOW???

Is Dakota genderfluid

What

Dakota is typically a girl’s name. So yah, she’s a girl.

Oh. Okay. It’s just the pitch said ‘his’ so I was confused. Actually, I’m still confused.

Dakota is a her. The condemned man is a him. Dakota is trying to determine the guilt of the condemned man, so his guilt.

Now I’m scared this didn’t come across :sob:

Do I need the “a” in front of journalism student. I find it breaks up the flow.

Time is running out for a condemned man. Journalism student Dakota Jennings is trying to determine his guilt – but when the truth finally emerges, more than one dead body is left in its wake.

Defintiely remove the “a” - I agree.

Maybe even adding this:

Time is running out for a condemned man. Journalism student Dakota Jennings is trying to determine the man’s guilt – but when the truth finally emerges, more than one dead body is left in its wake.

To avoid all misunderstandings of whose guilt Dakota is trying to determine?

Man is an echo. Condemned inmate?

Btw, I like your pitch. Why are you not pitching it tomorrow?

OOOOOH. I get it now. It totally makes sense! Don’t change it, it’s fine. Not everyone’s a dumbass like me :sob:

Death sentee? Hm… Condemned is also used twice. Death row occupier? :joy: Death-sentenced.

Dakota Jennings is trying to determine the death sentenced’s guilt.

Or something like that?

Thanks! My MS is so not up to a standard where it’s pitch worthy yet. I need to make some changes. And my query letter is horrendous. And so is my summary. All I really have that could be ready is the pitch.

Condemned is only once if I substitute the one man for inmate :slight_smile:

Time is running out for a condemned inmate. Journalism student Dakota Jennings is trying to determine the man’s guilt – but when the truth finally emerges, more than one dead body is left in its wake.

Oh yes! This is good. I like this pitch! :smile: