PLOT HELP NEEDED!

So the story I’m working on is stuck on a point but I’m nearly 50% done with the draft, and I don’t wanna abandon it, you know? SO I desperately need some help!

The story is set in a world where werewolves and humans have a troubled relationship- werewolves have colonized human lands, and humans are rebelling against them.

The story is centered around a human girl who wakes up in unfamiliar surroundings, and is greeted by the man she remembers is the werewolf leader. (I’m still working on the dynamics of power among the wolves- mostly it will be a monarchy). She appears to have lost all memory of her human family betraying her and leaving her for dead, and the werewolf king saving her and claiming her as his mate nearly a year ago.
The first few chapters focus on how he tries to make her remember things that she liked doing and poisoning her mind against humans. She learns how to love him and the insides out of their relationship as it had been before her accident. At around the 60% mark, she sees something that triggers flashbacks in her mind- and they are not exactly coinciding with the memories the king has created in her head. It is only towards the end of the story that she finally remembers that the real reason why she lost her memory.
She was in fact leading the rebellion against the werewolves and has been fooled by the wolves all along.

I need help in the following areas:

1. Does the plot sound plausible? (Since it’s only a draft, I’d like to improve it as much as I can)
  2. What, in your opinion, could be a possible trigger to her memory?
  • a signal humans used in emergencies that takes her back to the time she got injured and eventually lost her memory
  • a particular sight or smell that brings back memories of her home
  • a poster showing her as the face of the rebellion
    -the sight of her preferred weapon
  1. While I do want a ruthless alpha, I don’t want any characters to physically abuse anyone. Your suggestions on that would be highly appreciated!
  2. Any other general questions that the plot may raise in your mind!

Phew, that was a lot to type, but I need all the help I can get :slight_smile:
Thanks if you do respond! <3

bows hello.

Honestly, the plot sounds kind of like a cliche werewolf story. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it has to be done specifically well to make it good. But the ending diverts that. I really like that ending, by the way!

I think the plot sounds plausible enough, yeah.
And I think a possible trigger to her memory would be the first one, or some sign of the rebellion. A logo? A symbol? A flag? An area?

To have a character that’s ruthless but also not physically abuse someone is tricky. I think the best option is to have that character emotionally abuse someone instead. I don’t know much on that subject, though.

And… that’s it! Not a pro writer, take advice with grain of salt, blah blah blah. Hope I helped, and good luck with your story! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It sounds like you have a really well thought out story to be honest. I don’t think its cliche, not at all. You use a couple cliches and tropes but it seems they’re just elements to the full story and not the main focus.

I would be careful how you use the “ruthless” Alpha type tag as many who use that fail in providing someone ruthless.

It does sound plausible. Leader of the resistance is left when she falls/trips/is hit and suffers a catastrophic brain injury. Wakes with no recollection of who she is of her past. Could be easily conditioned by the Alpha to believe werewolves are good because of the strong emotions she has against them. I’d just be careful how you end it

I’d go for something visual personally but a thing could trigger a flashback really. I’d say go with the thing that speaks loudest to you.

I think you need to seriously think about this one. Sometimes conflict is unavoidable and Wattpadders, I feel, enjoy fight scenes but will not tolerate prolonged abuse, especially if it’s one person suffering.

The only question I have is wanting to know the end, guess I’ll have to read the book to find out :joy: nah but I think it sounds like you have a well thought out plot that may use a few cliches but it seems like it’s more seasoning for your plot soup. If that makes sense. I’m interested to see where you go with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you for all the help, will definitely keep things in mind while writing!

Thanks for your detailed feedback, all the help is truly appreciated! I’ll definitely keep these things in mind while working ahead on the story!

Heyo guys

If you need help with anything else I’m around to bounce ideas :smiley: I also love the sound of this story so i’d love to read it when you start posting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im still iffy about the trigger for her memory so all help around that would be appreciated! And thank you for showing interest in the story!

Maybe the trigger for her memory can be a number of those things. For example, there is a strange feeling of familiarity when she picks up favored weapon, but what really brings it all back is a poster of her face representing the rebellion or something like that.

Also, some ideas for a non-physically abusive alpha:

• saying insults that are low blows (ie. “at least i didn’t forget my memory”)
  • making the MC feel guilty (ie. “it’s your fault, if only you did/didn’t…”)
  • general insults/degrading comments (ie. “you’re so stupid, ugly,” etc)(“you’re a low-life”,you’re just a ____ etc)
  • Cold attitude (ie. “you mean nothing to me”, or when MC is emotional, alpha is cold, dismissive,like “get over it,” etc)

Disclaimer - I’m not a werewolf genre expert, or an expert at all really. Hope this helped anyway

Hmm… your idea of multiple triggers is interesting and I’m probably going to take that route up if everything sits well with the story so far!

Also, I’m gathering that being emotionally abusive is the way to go for the alpha, so Im gonna try working that into his characteristics.

Thanks for the help, it’s much appreciated!

1 Like

Please let me know when you publish this story because I want to read it! I love how original it is! To trigger her memory, I’m thinking something emotional that could trigger it. She could see one of her family (that means a lot to her for some kind of reason-let’s say her brother was a military man) and that member could’ve been part of the rebellion, that helped her when she organized it and that could be a trigger? Or if she had a reason to be the one making that rebellion, that symbol could appear back again,I don’t know​:joy: this is a suggestion but go with what you think would be the best trigger :blush: sometimes when I write, I back off for a few days and sometimes I’ll get ideas or something while I’m writting, I get hit by a ton of ideas! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the suggestions! I will definitely be letting you know when it’s ready to post, which should be around today or tomorrow :slight_smile:

Sounds good!

Sounds like an interesting story. Is there magic use in your universe? Might I suggest saying that her amnesia is not caused by a physical injury which is cliche, but by a deliberate spell cast on her by the werewolf king? Maybe it’s maintained by a talisman or necklace that he has her wear?

I appreciate you saying you’re deliberately avoiding physical abuse. It makes the king a bit more sympathetic. Why not take it a step farther, and complicate their relationship even more by saying that they actually WERE mated for a time before she rose up against him? It makes it a little less rape-y (in the Kurt-Russel-Overboard vein) and also makes one of his motivations actually wanting the woman he loves back.

I haven’t introduced magic in this universe, but it’s an interesting thought: maybe he could be giving her potions in the form of medicine to avoid her regaining her memory? It’s an idea I was toying around with for a couple of hours since I saw your comment.

Also, the second idea seems a little less plausible keeping in mind with the events happening further in the story, so I’ll have to avoid that back story.

1 Like