So the story I’m working on is stuck on a point but I’m nearly 50% done with the draft, and I don’t wanna abandon it, you know? SO I desperately need some help!
The story is set in a world where werewolves and humans have a troubled relationship- werewolves have colonized human lands, and humans are rebelling against them.
The story is centered around a human girl who wakes up in unfamiliar surroundings, and is greeted by the man she remembers is the werewolf leader. (I’m still working on the dynamics of power among the wolves- mostly it will be a monarchy). She appears to have lost all memory of her human family betraying her and leaving her for dead, and the werewolf king saving her and claiming her as his mate nearly a year ago.
The first few chapters focus on how he tries to make her remember things that she liked doing and poisoning her mind against humans. She learns how to love him and the insides out of their relationship as it had been before her accident. At around the 60% mark, she sees something that triggers flashbacks in her mind- and they are not exactly coinciding with the memories the king has created in her head. It is only towards the end of the story that she finally remembers that the real reason why she lost her memory.
She was in fact leading the rebellion against the werewolves and has been fooled by the wolves all along.
I need help in the following areas:
- Does the plot sound plausible? (Since it’s only a draft, I’d like to improve it as much as I can)
- What, in your opinion, could be a possible trigger to her memory?
- a signal humans used in emergencies that takes her back to the time she got injured and eventually lost her memory
- a particular sight or smell that brings back memories of her home
- a poster showing her as the face of the rebellion
-the sight of her preferred weapon
- While I do want a ruthless alpha, I don’t want any characters to physically abuse anyone. Your suggestions on that would be highly appreciated!
- Any other general questions that the plot may raise in your mind!
Phew, that was a lot to type, but I need all the help I can get
Thanks if you do respond! <3