Poetry Friends

Hey guys! I’ve noticed that the poetry community on wattpad has been a little quiet lately, so here’s a thread for all of us to chat a little and make some connections!

Here’s a little into about me:
I’m Sarah, and I like to write free verse poetry! I’m a full-time student, going to university in the fall, and write during my free time! I mostly write shorter poems, but appreciate all forms of poetry!
In my library, I have all sorts of genres, including poetry, romance, horror and fiction.

I hope to talk to more fellow poets soon!

19 Likes

Hey Sarah

My name is Zinhle (Zee for short), I’m South African. I love writing but, I admit, I have writers block most of my time. I don’t have a preferred type of writing, I just write whatever comes to mind.

I’ve already published a few poems and would really appreciate some feedback.

Talk to you soon :blush:

2 Likes

Also Sarah and into poetry. I’m into Lai, Haiku, Sonnets, and Flamenco. I like a mixture of French, Latin, and Japanese forms.

I’ve written more formal poetry like Alexandrine Lines (French epic poetry), but also twist them into more of a contemporary “Anti-Epic”. Poems like Skeleton’s Laugh and Shotgun Girl.

The pleasure is mine.

Oh and I like all things Gothic Science Fiction.

3 Likes

It’s so nice to meet you!! and I totally get that, writers block gets the best of us aha

2 Likes

Hey Sarah!!! Oh wow that sounds awesome!

2 Likes

I also like one or two Southern things, although I can’t of dislike it when people think if you live in the South, you’re everything Southern sometimes.

For sake of not leaving anything vague, a good example is: I do like to watch tap dancing, but mostly because the music that comes with it just isn’t very good on its own. But I wouldn’t say I’m generally a Southern Music fan.

2 Likes

Hi. I write rhyming and metered poetry. I don’t usually stick to a formal form but instead let the poem develop organically into a comfortable shape. Some poets I like are Edna St Vincent Millay and Oscar Wilde. Nice to meet you.

1 Like

Hey Sarah, I am Chelsea! I also love writing and reading poetry, but I mostly write short stories in which I am hoping to turn into a novel one day :slight_smile: I haven’t published any of my short stories, but I have recently uploaded a poetry book on my account here xx I love soo many genres of novels, but my favourites would have to be anything with a mystery, a psychological thriller, a bit of romance and some elements of fantasy too. I hope everyone has a lovely day or night xx

4 Likes

I LOVE Oscar Wilde!

2 Likes

I’m considering posting some story things instead of only poetry things. You mentioned that you wrote other genres right? What would you say is most important for a story to have?

1 Like

I haven’t ever finished a novel, just barely started one and that was forever ago, but I think a good plot as well as the dialogue integrating seamlessly within the story if there is any

1 Like

Hi there! I love poetry so much! I write a lot of poems, free verse style and sonnets too. I’ve been writing since I was a kid. I recently started a little something on Insta (poetic_chronicles) where I mix a bit of French and a bit of English. I love so many forms of poetry, but to pick a few, I’ll say Rumi and Baudelaire.
Here on Wattpad I’ve been more on the novel side (for the moment), but I’m happy to meet poetry lovers, and I’m gonna read your poems, guys! See you around!

2 Likes

I see, I see. :o Thanks for the info

1 Like

No problemo!

I’m definitely going to check out that insta, it sounds so interesting!

1 Like

Hey guys! I’ve been writing poetry for about a year now (still figuring this stuff out lol) and would also love to connect with some poets here on WP. The more exposure I get, the better :slight_smile:

Some stuff about me:
I go by Meg. I work part time, go to school part time (creative writing major). When I’m not writing things for school, I work on my novel. As far as what kind of poetry I prefer… honestly I have no idea, but probably free verse. I suddenly can’t write if I think too much about form or rhyme :joy:

3 Likes

Hey Meg, nice to meet you! If you ever want to talk, you can always pm me on wattpad :blush:
And that’s super awesome that you’re a creative writing major!!

1 Like

Thanks! You’re a student too, right? What are you studying?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m going in the fall. I’m an Art Major with concentration in Graphic Design! It’s mostly pre recs right now though

1 Like

That’s awesome! I’m still finishing up with pre recs too (I’m in my 4th semester) and I am soooo ready to be done with them!

1 Like