Pop-up Checklist: How do I get rid of that?

So…everytime I open up my works this drop down menu pops up. It’s for beginning writers on wp, and has a little checklist thing that encourages you to add covers, comment on other people’s works, and add them to your reading list. While I understand how this might be useful for someone completely lost, I’ve used wp before and already checked off everything on said checklist thing. I’ve looked everywhere, and there isn’t a way to close it from what I’ve seen, which is troubling. It’s annoying to have that pop up every time I’d like to update a story. I was wondering if maybe someone could fix that or offer a solution?

Do you have screenshots? I’ve never seen this before to my recollection. It could be a new feature?

1 Like

This is what it looks like. There’s an x, and I’ve tried clicking it, but it pops back up the next time I open my works again. It’s really annoying and I don’t know how to make it go away.

1 Like

Weird…never seen it honestly.

Do you use any privacy addons? Cookie blockers and stuff like that?

Not on the browser I’m currently using. It’s just a pain, is all.

1 Like

Yeah, I get the same thing on my alternate account, where I’ve also done all the things on it already. I don’t really mind since I know it’s trying to help actual new users. My best guess is that it will stop showing up once some kind of criteria is met for the account (clearly not tied to the checklist items, though). Maybe it’s tied to the amount of time the account has been open, but I suspect it might be tied to something like reads/votes on your book. In which case I’m going to have it stick around forever because I’m writing a type of book that has a really tiny audience out there for it.

2 Likes

I just find it really annoying and want it gone and overwith. I’ve exed it out at least a million times, and it’s just an extra step that I don’t want to deal with when updating my stories. If it’s tied to the amount of time the account has been open, it’s been about four months for me and I won’t deny that it’s a little bit ridiculous.

1 Like

Same amount of time for me, so I guess we don’t know.

2 Likes

I feel like if it was timed, though, it would have gone away by now. Four months is a pretty long time to keep something like that. I go to my works every week, too, if not more often, so it’s a huge bother.

1 Like

I was actually trying to find another post I had noticed on this subject but it has dissappearred. The other OP said that the “comment on other people’s stories” had gone back to zero again, and I went to see that mine had done the same!! I’d say it was just an irritant when I started, and no help to me whatsoever, now it is a major irritant!!

1 Like

I honestly don’t understand the point of making the checklists mandatory.

2 Likes

I respect the feature, but I’ve been on WP for at least three months on this particular account, and it’s still there. Ugh.

1 Like

So is anything happening about this?

Hi - Your best bet is to file a Support ticket with our wonderful Support Team. They’ll be able to escalate this ask via the proper channels.

Submit a ticket here.

1 Like

Yeah, same here. It never goes away. Same with the hint to buy coins. I assume it’s some browser setting I have - e.g. a cookie or tracker pixel denied. But I don’t feel like changing my privacy settings for Wattpad, so I put up with it. Maybe it will go away with the upcoming home page update.