Post A Scene From Your Story Any Scene

Now then.

As the topic states, post a scene.

Now this is more for my own reading purposes, this is not a request your story thread or whatever.

Please note, have the link in your profile, since I may or may not wish to directly link to your story through your profile.

Also

Please post it in the summary tag

Summary

Like this

Summary

Esther was frozen in place; her eyes darting into the darkness, searching for the source of the noise. She couldn’t see anything. The fog had returned; suffocating everything in a thick haze. Esther wouldn’t see her attacker until it was right in front of her. The idea churned her stomach. She’d only brought a pocket-knife and she wasn’t exceptionally talented at fighting. Katherin had always protected her.

There was no one to protect her now.

Esther jerked to the right as a rotting hand swept through the fog. The zombie let out a wheeze of frustration; dragging its feet in pursuit. Esther held the pocket-knife out in front of her. Her hands shook; fingers fumbling to keep their grip on the metal.

The zombie lunged again. Then, another appeared from within the fog. Esther let out a shriek of alarm; hoping, praying , that Katherin had heard her distress. She hadn’t wanted to go outside. She’d wanted to stay at the apartment and wait until the government reappeared. It was selfish, but it was safe. Rebeka wouldn’t have been dead if they hadn’t agreed to meet at the docks. Ttod wouldn’t have left them for dead. Katherin wouldn’t have killed anyone.

Esther knew that the zombie hadn’t been Katherin’s first victim. She’d seen the blood on Katherin’s hands; the metallic stench clinging to Katherin’s shirt.

Esther’s back brushed against a brick wall.

Her fingers fumbled against the structure; hoping for some escape.

There was nothing.

1 Like
Summary

“You know I forgive you…right?”

“Huh?”

I turned to Thomas. He was giving me this sad look with a hint of regret in his eyes.

“I forgive you Rhea. I want you to know that. I now understand how you felt. You thought I asked you out on a date and was heartbroken when I was being kissed by that girl. I’m sorry.” he apologized, looking down at his hand.

I placed my hand on top of it and looked him in his eyes. He looked up at me and gave me a sad smile.

“You’re not the one who should be sorry, Thomas. I…I don’t know what came over me. I knew that something was up when I didn’t see you waiting for me, and I don’t know why I was hurt when I saw you two kissing, it’s not like you had feelings for me or we were dating. When I saw that, I lost control of myself. I wanted to walk away, but it was like someone had taken over me. Taken control of me. Now that girl’s dead and you’ve got stitches all over you. I’m the one’s who sorry.”

“Rhea…”

“No, Thomas. Maybe the people are right. Maybe I do need to be locked up or hidden somewhere where no can find me. I’m a freak of nature, Thomas. No one should be able to do the things that I can do! I’m a monster!”

“No, you’re not a monster, Rhea. You don’t need to be locked up or hidden. Having those abilities of yours makes you…special. It makes you unique and different from the crowd.”

He paused for a second and stared into my eyes. His dark brown orbs contrasting against my light green eyes.

“Maybe that’s why I lo-”

“Here’s your frickin’ hot dogs.”

Olivia came up to us holding three hot dogs and two snow cones with an angry look on her face. Thomas lightly groaned and glared at her for a second. She returned it, her brown and blue eyes beginning to glow.

I gotta admit, this is kinda funny. I’d never imagine where two of my friends would have an instant disliking to each other. Now I see why most comedy shows include it.

“Well? I didn’t waste my money for nothing. Get the hot dogs!” she barked at him, making me flinch a bit.

I looked at her hands. I only saw two snow cones.

“How come you didn’t get three? You don’t like snow cones?” I asked, taking one of the hot dogs and snow cones from her arms.

“Nah. Was never a big fan.”

Thomas took his two items and Olivia then decided to eat hers.

I sat between them and began to eat mine.

1 Like
Summary

Hot water rained from the metal shower head and splashed across Jacob’s body. Steam trickled down the glass shower interior and overflowed to the tile walls beyond it. As Jacob frantically scrubbed shampoo into his wet hair, creating a lather that washed down his back, the smell of sandalwood traced its way through the cramped space. It was the third time that he had washed his hair since stepping into the shower.
Due to Jacob’s thorough bathing, the water soon began to run cold and the steam began to dissipate. Still, he continued to scrub himself from head to toe, washing away the filth he could feel crawling on his body until the water turned a freezing temperature. That was his cue to leave.

It was always difficult to leave the shower without banging an elbow on the sink or a knee on the toilet. No matter how many times he’d gone through this same routine, it still felt like trying to navigate through the Bermuda triangle without disappearing. He did his best to safely reach for his towel as he placed his feet on the teal bathmat below him, but banging his rib against the shower door was almost unavoidable. This really was a room designed for some kind of pixie, not for a man who was six feet tall.

The room had almost cleared from the fog, the only remains of it were the dew on the mirror. Moving carefully, Jacob wiped the moisture from it and began turning his head from one side to the other, lifting his chin up and down, inspecting his face for any minuscule change. Did he look older? Over the last few months, he’d noticed that his cheeks seemed gaunter than they had been before but he had simply shrugged it off as weight loss. He wondered then, why his face was shrinking while his body stayed the same. As he continued to survey his features, he ran his fingers roughly through the stubble that had been growing untamed on his face for the last four days. It was dense and prickly, and he couldn’t help but think that perhaps it hadn’t always felt that way.

Each flaw mounted one on top of the other as his hands began to convulse. He could feel the back of his head thumping and the heat in his body growing so strong he thought he may faint. Taking one more look at the reflection in front of him, he threw his fist towards the man that he saw, shattering the mirror and causing pieces of it to clatter into the sink below. He didn’t move. His hand stayed still as the pieces of broken mirror had their clarity fogged by streams of crimson which pooled around them. Once it looked as though they may drown, Jacob ran the tap and pulled his mangled hand underneath it. He flinched. The water felt like acid as it washed through the fresh wounds.

The bleeding seemed as though it would never stop. Without any bandages in his home, Jacob instead wrapped the t-shirt he had slept in around his fist, tying it tight enough to give him pins and needles in his arm. Within minutes, the grey fabric had turned to more of a brick colour. He supposed he wouldn’t miss that shirt much anyway.

1 Like

So, how to summary tag?

Reply>setting(bolt option) on the task bark. It is the spoiler tag.

[spoiler]“Oh, Help! It’s Igor!”. “Don’t worry!” said a boy, “I’ll save you from that villain!”. Igor mouthed ‘Not again’ under his breath as the boy came up to him and the other kids snickering. The boy picked Igor up by the collar and slammed him against his locker. “You dare you hurt these innocent children, you meanie!” said the boy. “I did nothing!” Igor protested. The boy punched Igor in the face. “Lies!”. Igor fell to the ground as the other children came and kicked him. “You hurt us and now we hurt you!”. “How do you feel, baddie!”. Then a teacher came up to the children. “What are you kids doing?” asked the teacher. "We are defeating the villain, Igor!"said the boy, pretended to be a ‘hero’. “Okay.” said the teacher and left the kids to kick him. The teachers usually don’t care if the kids bully Igor or not, but they give Igor low grades when he does something correct. And why the kids pretend to be the hero and Igor as an unwilling villain? Because of his name. (Note: Why kids bully Igor because of his name? Well, they think he’s a nerd, so they randomly chose that fact that the name belongs to a fictional scientist. Either way, the kids are just mean to Igor.). How did Igor get that name? When he was born, his parents took one look at him and they hated his hair for some reason. I should tell you that Igor’s hair is black and his father’s hair is brown and his mother’s hair is blond and these types of colors doesn’t make black. So that why they called him Igor, even though their child is not hunchbacked. Then the principal came. “Stop Kicking Him!” cried the principal, “Or Face Detention!”. The children stop kicking Igor and looked at the principal. “But we’re defeating the villain.” said the so called “hero”. “All of you are just being mean!” said the principal. The kids grumbled and left. The principal helped Igor stand up. The principal is the only one who cares for Igor, though, the principal is a bit stupid and is too trusting. “Thank you.” said Igor. “You’re welcome.” said the principal. The bell the ring. “Want me to take you to class?” asked the principal. “Okay.” said Igor.

[/spoiler]

Uh like this?

Did I get it wrong?

I meant hide detail tag

Well like this

Summary

Here

Oh. I’ll try again.

“Oh, Help! It’s Igor!”. “Don’t worry!” said a boy, “I’ll save you from that villain!”. Igor mouthed ‘Not again’ under his breath as the boy came up to him and the other kids snickering. The boy picked Igor up by the collar and slammed him against his locker. “You dare you hurt these innocent children, you meanie!” said the boy. “I did nothing!” Igor protested. The boy punched Igor in the face. “Lies!”. Igor fell to the ground as the other children came and kicked him. “You hurt us and now we hurt you!”. “How do you feel, baddie!”. Then a teacher came up to the children. “What are you kids doing?” asked the teacher. "We are defeating the villain, Igor!"said the boy, pretended to be a ‘hero’. “Okay.” said the teacher and left the kids to kick him. The teachers usually don’t care if the kids bully Igor or not, but they give Igor low grades when he does something correct. And why the kids pretend to be the hero and Igor as an unwilling villain? Because of his name. (Note: Why kids bully Igor because of his name? Well, they think he’s a nerd, so they randomly chose that fact that the name belongs to a fictional scientist. Either way, the kids are just mean to Igor.). How did Igor get that name? When he was born, his parents took one look at him and they hated his hair for some reason. I should tell you that Igor’s hair is black and his father’s hair is brown and his mother’s hair is blond and these types of colors doesn’t make black. So that why they called him Igor, even though their child is not hunchbacked. Then the principal came. “Stop Kicking Him!” cried the principal, “Or Face Detention!”. The children stop kicking Igor and looked at the principal. “But we’re defeating the villain.” said the so called “hero”. “All of you are just being mean!” said the principal. The kids grumbled and left. The principal helped Igor stand up. The principal is the only one who cares for Igor, though, the principal is a bit stupid and is too trusting. “Thank you.” said Igor. “You’re welcome.” said the principal. The bell the ring. “Want me to take you to class?” asked the principal. “Okay.” said Igor.

Summary

This text will be hidden

Oops.

Summary

“Oh, Help! It’s Igor!”. “Don’t worry!” said a boy, “I’ll save you from that villain!”. Igor mouthed ‘Not again’ under his breath as the boy came up to him and the other kids snickering. The boy picked Igor up by the collar and slammed him against his locker. “You dare you hurt these innocent children, you meanie!” said the boy. “I did nothing!” Igor protested. The boy punched Igor in the face. “Lies!”. Igor fell to the ground as the other children came and kicked him. “You hurt us and now we hurt you!”. “How do you feel, baddie!”. Then a teacher came up to the children. “What are you kids doing?” asked the teacher. "We are defeating the villain, Igor!"said the boy, pretended to be a ‘hero’. “Okay.” said the teacher and left the kids to kick him. The teachers usually don’t care if the kids bully Igor or not, but they give Igor low grades when he does something correct. And why the kids pretend to be the hero and Igor as an unwilling villain? Because of his name. (Note: Why kids bully Igor because of his name? Well, they think he’s a nerd, so they randomly chose that fact that the name belongs to a fictional scientist. Either way, the kids are just mean to Igor.). How did Igor get that name? When he was born, his parents took one look at him and they hated his hair for some reason. I should tell you that Igor’s hair is black and his father’s hair is brown and his mother’s hair is blond and these types of colors doesn’t make black. So that why they called him Igor, even though their child is not hunchbacked. Then the principal came. “Stop Kicking Him!” cried the principal, “Or Face Detention!”. The children stop kicking Igor and looked at the principal. “But we’re defeating the villain.” said the so called “hero”. “All of you are just being mean!” said the principal. The kids grumbled and left. The principal helped Igor stand up. The principal is the only one who cares for Igor, though, the principal is a bit stupid and is too trusting. “Thank you.” said Igor. “You’re welcome.” said the principal. The bell the ring. “Want me to take you to class?” asked the principal. “Okay.” said Igor.

1 Like

Alright you had to get it eventually lol

Summary

A knot of dread coiled in her chest, making it difficult even to breathe. Whether it was because of adrenaline or fear, she couldn’t tell. Ekko swallowed, forcing herself to focus.

Fear would get her nowhere. Fear would get her killed.

They didn’t stop moving until they’d reached the tribe, and by then the fire was worse than anyone could’ve imagined. A huge yellow and orange ball of rage rose into the air, the snow doing nothing to slow it down. It twisted in the wind, spinning over itself, clinging to the remnants of the wooden buildings as they turned black with ash. Ekko could only stand and stare, her mind running circles around every possible thing that could’ve caused this.

But she knew what’d caused this. Even if she didn’t want to admit it to herself, she knew what’d caused the fire.

She heard the wraith’s voice in her head, as clear as if he was standing next to her.

Burn,

Burn,

Burn the world and read the fire.

And in front of her, the world was burning.

1 Like