Post the last sentence you wrote (take two)

Hey guys, its simple: Share the last sentence you wrote and the name of the story. Because this is an improvement thread feel free to leave feedback via a like or a general response. No links please.

Example: One house from the street corner sat her childhood home—the one that she had been desperately avoiding since she had left it with every intention of killing herself.
~Lacuna: A Nexus Troupe Novel

Shout out to everyone who had participated before: @ily_ari_grande @MadelineATucker @AmberDevroe @munchkinsaurus @SVTSwrites @aerys_the_mad @sclair @AmnerisTenjo @Authoresta @JaideHarley @Riprish @Faithienss @ciciracer @Kotkoda @Jamiesgirl82 @FuntasticTwo @TrinyKeamon @Death_Proof @cumulodoofus

My last sentence is for a story that doesn’t have an official title yet, and isn’t posted on WP but… here it is anyway even though it sounds lame :joy:

He drank in the sight of her like a tall glass of water on a summer’s day.

4 Likes

Very original, lol. XD

1 Like

Thanks haha. It’s not really unique or anything, and it’s actually kind of cliche and weird considering that this isn’t a romance AT ALL :joy:

1 Like

"I, Alec King and I Xander King, Alphas of Crescent Moon Pack, accept Crescent White as our LUNA and breeder ." I and Xander said in unison. We weren’t supposed to accept her as our luna but we did it anyway.

2 Likes

How is this not romance???

1 Like

Very telling. A werewolf story, no doubt.

2 Likes

That was literally my last sentence. I just post one hour ago.

1 Like

It’s a side character moment in a fantasy/action/comedy thing. Plus, he thinks she is attractive, but it’s not a romance since this is the first time he’s seeing her. He wants to get to know her but they won’t fall in love.

2 Likes

“Welcome to Arlington, Melanie.”

2 Likes

What’s Arlington like. I feel like now I need to know…

1 Like

This seems fun!

From my ongoing book, Fae:

Ida’s toes, pink and worm-like, wiggled in her new Brighton Beach flip-flops - She couldn’t very well keep walking around shoeless, but there was something particularly heinous about the florescent purple plastic now adorning her feet.

4 Likes

“You’re on my shoe.” The irritation in Vince’s voice was barely audible over the bass that pounded unyielding in the background.

From the first chapter of my new work; Blown.

2 Likes

It would have been great to walk on the sands, but I didn’t want to ditch my shoes quite yet so I took to walking the sidewalk next to it for now.

3 Likes

How did this happen?

1 Like

Classic.

1 Like

I like how visual your descriptions are.

1 Like

from a work with an imaginative title, Trapped by Mafia:

Sure, I can calculate how long I have before I die of thirst, but Tangorello clan with its inter-generational problems is more fun.

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: I think I channelled some definite unease I have my own feet look :joy:

1 Like

“I lived to make her life a living hell.”
– Shut Up and Write Multiple POV Assignment

2 Likes