I can usually write in either day or night, although night time does seem to be my peak hours of creativity.
- I almost always have to have a hot drink with me while I’m writing (lollipops or jolly ranchers also work).
- I have to listen to music that can be tied into the flavor of what I’m writing.
- There can’t be any side conversations, TV, or videos going on at the time. So, no distracting sounds besides my own music.
- I can’t be upset or drained.
- No one else can be in the same room I’m in while I am writing.
- I need my Writing board from Pinterest. These include visuals that cue me in on characters etc, aid me with grammar, and give me all the tools I need to write when I am in the mood. If I need a quick little break, I’ll stop to look at my saved movie memes, and go back to writing. Also what helps sometimes is watching movie clips that are relevant to what I’m writing.
- Must have pencil and paper at my bedside at all times in case I get a random spurt of creativity in the middle of the night. Also sometimes write down my dreams within the first fifteen minutes of waking up.
- Sometimes all I need to overcome writer’s block is a night’s rest, or do a couple dishes - anything that lets my mind free to wander, rather than concentrate on the disappointment of a blank screen.