R A N T S

writing
discussion

in which someone rants and I read

Mind if I hop in? :lumi:

What kind of rants are designated to go down?

Ok, my first, BIG rant.

1. I literally hate this one, but the amount of people that have asked for ‘payment’ yet has not done their share of the deal. OR if they do their share of the deal, and it was really tacky and not well done. The payment was worth way more than what I had received.
  • I commented on one of those reviewing and editing! Open queue! Ha! I commented, waited a good 7 days for a lame comment saying ‘this is cute!’ Or ‘cute!’…what?

• I HAD TO COMMENT ON UR BOOK, AND VOTE, AND TAKE PRECIOUS MINUTES OF MY LIFE AND ALL I GOT WAS CUTE?! TELL ME IT WAS TERRIBLE! TELL ME WHAT I DIDNT DO WELL ON, GIRL!

• so I feel like that was so unfair, and they’re just getting reads for EDITS AND REVIEWS THAT WONT HELP

they were at 500 literally 7 days ago…they’re at 2k now…tell me this isn’t fair.

anything you want to rant about! sky’s the limit.

of course not! :heart:

This isn’t a rant yet, but I’m in the mood to give a good scream.

Why are some people dumb enough to walk side by side with their friends in crowded pathways?

I want to scream every time I’m stuck behind a line of people walking sideways together. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Oh this is just tragic. Feels like your time and effort was just stepped all over and kicked into the gutter. I can relate.

It sounds like that person doesn’t know what it really means to be an editor/critic.

why???

I swear! I’m a fast walker, and slow walkers piss me off LIKE WHY

Also when you walk in a group of people and the hoard sometimes just subconsciously pushes you out to the edge of the street.

You’re just left to either fall behind or walk ahead.

So awkward.

I offer critiques in my shop for free* because I don’t want a conflict of interest while critiquing.

If people critique because they expect something back, they don’t realize the true value of being a critic. :man_shrugging:

*for the first chapter, but if I’m interested enough, I do more for a very very low payment of one comment

Anyone think Disney channel is so shit now?

I would love to get into offering critique. I just don’t feel like I have anything valuable to offer though.

same! Or I get tired easily.

I only get to watch TV when I go to other people’s homes–but I never liked it as a child. :woman_shrugging:t4:

Same here!

It’s just so annoying when you need to be somewhere and everyone’s walking like a zombie.

I’ve experienced that before. It’s very very uncomfortable.

In the beginning, you probably won’t but I’ve been doing it for about 2-3 years now and I’ve improved a lot.