R A N T S

writing
discussion

Ooh that’s cool

Also why people can’t just understand if you don’t see color in someone race then you basically just ignoring racism?

Which is why I can’t wait to buy the book and see the movie of " The hate you give"

Yupp

She didn’t have much of a choice. She divorced my abusive stepfather and moved to another part of town where she lived by herself and the three of us.

I was a handful to say the least–getting to that age where I was beginning to rebel against authority.

If you don’t mind me asking, what disability do you have? Unless you whether say it in pm or keep it private.

I was born with mid-grade cerebral palsy. I have ADD, ADHD, bi-polar disorder, PTSD, and Factor Five Leiden.

Oh.

I have an intellectual disability and difficulty of speech.

Intellectual disability?

Here’s the longer version
Intellectual disability is a disability characterized by significant limitations both in intellectual functioning (reasoning, learning, problem solving) and in adaptive behavior, which covers a range of everyday social and practical skills. This disability originates before the age of 18.

But the shorter version means learning slower than people in my age group.

For an example, someone with that disability could be at an sixth grade level while others could be at tenth grade.

Oh my gosh I’m sorry. Both of you

Ah. Okay. So you’re just a little slow on things while everyone else is racing by you at a good clip.

That’s perfectly normal. I had similar issues like that growing up–being the “slow kid” in class and stuff.

I was miserable to say the least.

Oh! Okay. That kind of intellectual disability. That does suck. How did you manage to survive all that?

Thanks. It’s been hard, but I somehow managed. Life is about adapting. So I had to find ways to adapt and function.

Yeah that correct, if you look up pictures of people with the same exact disability, and seen me. You would think I’m lying until you really get to know me and see for yourself.

That’s great!

Oh over here, there has been classes that was good for me when I was in school. But it’s alright though, I pass high school and there’s actually a program at a college that I can go with others with disabilities.

Why would I think that? It’s always been a full time job telling people I am limited in what I can do because they all think, “You’re indestructible! Go jump off a bridge ya bug wuss!” lol

That’s great that colleges are offering programs and classes for people with varying degrees of disability. I’m sure you’ve caught up to the rest of us already. :slight_smile:

They teach everything where usually would be hard like cooking, learning to take care of yourself, helping with money and living on your own.