Welcome to Rate That Blurb! I’m your host, Laila, your resident average-to-below-average blurb writer.
The rules are simple:
- Rate the blurb above yours on a scale of 1 (needs work) to 5 (perfection), and then give feedback on why you chose your rating. Please offer suggestions for improvement if you can.
- In that same comment, post the title of your story and your own blurb (1 blurb per comment, please! You can rate a new blurb if you’d like to post another of your story blurbs)
- You can offer feedback on other previous blurbs as well by tagging that person, but it is required to rate the blurb directly before you.
- Please do not argue ratings or critiques. This is all subjective and people aren’t all going to have the same opinion. A 1 does not mean bad. A 1 simply means it needs more work in their opinion.
- It’ll be super cute if you all sign off your comment with “Rate! That! Blurb!” But I totally won’t make you
Ready? I’ll start!
Blurb: Ariella’s relationship with her boyfriend is a rollercoaster. When it’s good, it’s great, but when it’s bad, it’s hell. After a fight escalates further than it ever has, she comes across a flier for a peculiar new clinic in town. They offer to seamlessly implant artificial memories as a way to remember experiences without ever having lived them.
Though advertised for entertainment purposes, Ariella sees this as a quick fix to replace the low point in her relationship. But the man behind the new procedure never meant for it to be used in place of recovery.
In Ariella’s mind, why work to recover from something when you can just erase it?
Rate! That! Blurb!