Rate The Blurb - Werewolf Edition

7/10 I love how well you write, which is evident in your summary. Nice words, good sentences, intruiging and interesting. But I think the explanation which is the biggest part of your summary is too long - it’s something I rather find out as I read on.

THE ANCIENTS
Catherine Black learns the hard way that some things are meant to fall apart. Some rules, including ones that are centuries old, aren’t supposed to last.
Once the little community of Everett Valley slowly starts to deteriorate, Catherine knows she needs to decide quickly whether to stay or leave behind everything she once knew. Knowing that there is an unknown danger lurking in the shadows makes leaving an even harder feat. But what if the murderers follow Catherine on her quest to find answers? What if that was the plan all along?

Apparently, everything is connected to them.
The Ancients.
Whoever they are…

9.5/10

It was definitely a good summary of your book. You have good grammar and the sentences are well placed. The way you haven’t exposed too much of your story towards the reader makes it even more exciting to read and find out what’s going to happen in the future.

The hidden savage

James life took a sharp turn when he got abducted from his own home just at the age of fifteen, but with his hopes that he would soon shift for the first time, James wasn’t as scared as he thought he would be.

But after four years, his hopes diminished when he never went through the magic of turning into a wolf for the very first time. Luckily, he succeeded with running away when Alpha Gregory wanted to play his yearly game of hide and chase.

He turned up into another Alphas territory and James could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

But what he doesn’t know, can’t hurt him - right?

Your blurb is definitely interesting with an air of mystery added at the end, which can/will definitely draw in your ready with ease! I’d be interested to see what happens next for James and how him ending up in a new territory will affect his life.

_Blind and Free_

Held as a prisoner for the destruction of Ruby pack, L must fight for her life all while navigating the world partially blind. Her world turns upside down after she finds her way into Emerald territory, the group of wolves Corvo Edwards will one day lead, and L must make the harsh decision whether she wants to accept Corvo’s help or continue running from the law until she’s caught or perishes. Will the burning heat with their touch be enough to convince L to trust someone? Either way, L must remain out of sight at all costs - her life and political innocence depend on it.

THEALPHA’SWICKED*QUEEN
“Your fate is sealed before you are born but what if you want to change it and explore the possibility of life against your destiny?”

Zariah is an outlawed luna. She is banned by her previous pack, due to the power and danger she possesses that’s how she learns to move forward stronger and better to earn the respect, she never got from her previous pack. After the physical and emotional traumas that wounded her soul, she is determined to know her true identity and her past with her new powers.

For Zane, it meant torturous years to spend without her luna blaming himself for their broken bond, and living with a heartache of not being with his soul mate, regret and sorrow is all over him, determined to get what is his.

Alaric, the Lunar Moon pack Alpha’s son, the future King, with his big dick and bank account.A man that gets what he wants. And what he wants…Is Zariah.

She has to make a choice of her destiny or love. Past is not supposed to control your future but, what if it chases you everywhere?

1 Like

6/10

The story sounds really good, even if the (soul)mate trope isn’t my favorite.
I gave you a 6 because it appears that you’ve made a few mistakes. I feel like there’s something missing between “possesses” and “that’s”. I don’t know if I’m too tired to understand the sentence but it’s quite strange when I read it.
Then, in my opinion, the comma between “the respect” and “she never” is not necessary, as when reading the sentence there’s no small break at this moment.

Overall, as said before, the story sounds great! Just be careful not to have too many mistakes on your blurb because readers can think that the same mistakes are inside the book.

Open Wounds

“Why? Why are you so withdrawn into yourself? Why does literally everyone here looks like they’d rather throw themself under a bus than ask about your day? Why are you doing this?”

Agatha Adwell isn’t human, but she isn’t a werewolf either. She doesn’t know much about her kind, but she’s lived enough to acknowledge the dangers. While trying to find herself, she might as well find hunters motivated by something unusual.

And maybe, when death is closer than ever, open wounds from the past might finally get the chance to heal.

There’s an ambiguity that coaxes the reader to crack open the spine of this book, but I like to ask the question: Do readers WANT to know more, or do they NEED to know more? In this case, what IS Agatha? What’s the something unusual motivating the hunters? And why would death be closer than ever? I think you can make this summary clearer, and I think it will be stronger than ever once you do. I give it a solid 6/10.

INTO THE WILD DARK

Jack Slobodnik is jinxed. After four years in lockdown for a crime he didn’t commit, he’s unlucky enough to walk straight out of prison into a shady deal in Supernatural Overlay City. Good that he meets a captivating stranger named Sunny to help him stay out of trouble.

But with the finest lawyers money can’t buy, Jack’s bad luck is about to take a turn. They’re going after the people responsible for his wrongful conviction. Jack can look forward to money, power, and vengeance. What he doesn’t see coming? The way his mysterious new best friend and his sexy new lawyer will bring out his most primal desires.

These two are in competition for Jack’s Soul. And everything is at stake for the one who loses.
Follow Jack’s case with Attorney Mal Ashivant and the affable Sunny as they navigate a love triangle unlike anything you’ve ever read. Get away with something different.

3/10
I honestly enjoyed maybe the first two sentences. From there, I felt it gives way too much of the book and plot away. I didn’t feel like there was enough…how should I put this? There wasn’t enough mystery to the blurb to really get me hooked. It gave me to much information, to the point I thought I could already see the most likely ending in my head. So I would rewrite it and see if you could take away some of the tellings of the story, and add some questions in there? Something to give it a better mysterious pull, one that makes me want to find the answers.

ELUDING THE PAST

Juniper is a sixteen-year-old girl who lives just outside of Casper Wyoming. She’s been moving from home to home constantly in the foster system as long as she can remember.
And just like most other teens in the system, she’s just waiting for the right moment for her to run.
But just when she found her window to do so, her plans had to be put on hold for another adjustment. She was stripped out of the home she had been staying in and was put into with another family in a whole other state. Washington.
She planned on sticking to her original plans of escape. But now something is stopping her and she doesn’t know what.
Little does she know how this change, will make all her plans take a turn for the worse.

5/10 Your blurb is good. But personally for me it gives too little information about the plot. All we know is that the main character is an orphan and has moved. That’s it. The info from that point on doesn’t intigue and make me open the first chapter impatiently to find out what’s holding her back in that state and what’s about to happen. Maybe if you add something more to it, it would bring to life the spark it needs.

My blurb:

When happiness finally invades her life, a bit too literally, Helena is excited to finally meet her mate.
For her ordinary werewolf self, finding out her destined one is a lycan is a bit unexpected. What surprises the young woman even more is the fact he is a lycan and a rogue. An outlaw.
Helena’s mate is hotheaded, charming and younger than her. He’s impulsive and uncontrollable. And Keiran’s hiding secrets… things he doesn’t want her to find out. Things he’s afraid would ruin his chances of being with Helena and discovering a new, better future.

Fair Enough. XD
Thanks for the feedback. Will definitely take that into account. :slight_smile:

I’m glad I was able to help. :slight_smile:

“invades” is probably not the best word to use here. In fact, it’s probably better to shorten it down to just “Helena is excited to finally meet her mate.” That’s already enough info to get us intrigued.

“her” is perfectly fine here.

Show us that he is. There isn’t a lot of space for that in a blurb, but do try.

Overall, I think you’ve struck a good balance between getting us intrigued about your story and not spoiling the plot. It just needs some editing. 6/10

The People’s Alpha

Jim lives an ordinary existence as the ordinary Alpha of the ordinary Shadow Bluff Pack, and is happy to keep it that way. He can still remember the days when he yearned for greater things, but the craziness of the world he inhabits has inured him dealing with the impasse of pack politics with practiced indifference.

As the world around him is destabilised by a series of seemingly unrelated and increasingly serious events, he becomes aware, slowly but surely, that malevolent forces are stirring beneath the surface, and that he must fight to preserve his and his compatriots’ way of life.

6/10 I like what you’re going for, but I would replace “ordinary” with “average” or some other word. There’s nothing ordinary about werewolves, and even if this is a world where werewolves are run-of-the-mill, we don’t want them to be too boring.

First sentence of the second paragraph reads really stiff and vague, too. It could use polish.

Werewolf’s Humanity

Werewolves are real, and there’s nothing magical about them. There is no “werewolf curse,” though for one young werewolf in particular, there might very well be. Sammy lost his parents as a child, wound up homeless, and got himself captured by human scientists for use in horrific experiments.

But now things are finally turning around for him. Now that he’s been rescued and adopted by a pack, he has a chance to start a new life for himself. But can a lone wolf, ignorant of his kind’s ways and laws adapt to life as part of a community, and can he put his ghosts behind him and form the bonds he so desperately needs with his new family?

This is a story about love and loss, wrath and redemption, blood and water. This is a story about survival.

10/10 I love it! I was hooked from the first sentence and I was intrigued to carry on reading. I didn’t spot any grammatical errors. I liked how you ended the blurb, it really gave me insight on what the story is going to be about without giving any of the plot away. On a side note, I love the title of your story as well! It really suits the blurb of your story.

Wolf’s Curse

Ashley Winslow has had a past that no human being should ever have. Years of a dark voice that haunts her sleep that nobody knows the cause of, well that is until she meets her mysterious roommate, Leon.

Something about Leon intrigued Ashley, something she had never felt before. Leon was different from all the other boys. There was a dark aura around him if this was another guy Ashley would have ran away from him but with Leon, all she wanted was to know him.

But what happens when secrets are unfolded and people are killed, will Ashley ever find the truth or will she always be hidden by the lies of her roommate?

“Who are you?” Ashley asked into the open space.

“Someone that will make you suffer so much that you will want to die,” the dark voice said.

“What do you want?”

“Death.”

2 Likes

8/10 The summary is good. The element of your explanations are well put together.

The Land of Blood(unpublished)

Unknown to the world of men, a clan of warriors have lived in the shadows, with a revered king at the helm.

Throughout history, he has waited, building an army to conquer mankind and announce his presence to the world. To search for the finest warriors, arenas are built to host the Gathering where brutal games and trials take course.

The wait is coming to an end as the wheels of war are set in motion. An army of beasts clothed in the skins of man are prepared to march towards their destination, vowing to vanquish all who dares cross their path.

1 Like

10/10
Damn! Now that’s the first time I have read a blurb of werewolf story this intense. Kind of fell in love with it. :sparkling_heart: This story is so going to my library.

Feral Sins

❝She was the mystery of the woods‚
Wrapped in the enigma of chaos❞

The greed of her parents had always made her suffer. Brielle did what she was told even if that meant harming those she loved and killing those who were innocent. But she had her limits. When she was told to become the forced mate of Alpha Thane without his knowledge using witchcraft, she refused. She was not the little girl anymore. She knew the importance a mate held for her own kind and she did not desire to harm people anymore. So she did what she thought was right. She ran away and stayed in the shadows. She fought for those who could not protect themselves. She fought against her own blood to atone for her sins.
But no one saw it coming. She never imagined finding love, especially in the arms of the person she was supposed to hurt.

1 Like

Thanks. But you won’t be able to find it, it’s still a work in progress and editing!

1 Like

I will surely wait for it.

1 Like

9/10. I really like it, I just think maybe the “but no one saw it coming” could be removed or reworded. It doesn’t give the intended bang. “She never imagined…” and onwards gives a good shock though. :yellow_heart:

A tale where our leading lady, Lerato Zamo has to follow her calling over her heart. Even though the one she is called to be with is the same one that shattered her heart. Now we must find out if she will stick to the Moon’s plan and be with the one who broke her or will she make her own calling and be with the one that put her pieces back together again.

“You left! You didn’t give me a chance, you just assumed I wouldn’t want you! But you were wrong, I wanted you. I wanted you more than I’ve ever wanted someone in my life.” His voice had begun as a shout but the more vulnerable he became the lower his voice became.

She shook her head, “You’re a liar. You were going to throw me out. You had picked your Luna, you had made your choice. What happened between us was nothing but the bond.”

“Lera…” He reached out to hold her hand but she snatched it away, “I’m sorry.” He mustered. He had never said those words in his privileged life and she could tell.

“Too little too late.” She snapped, “I want him, I want him so so much… But the Moon chose you and I can’t go against what she wants. Being with you is my calling but it damn right isn’t my call.”

“You would choose him?” He whispered.

“In a heartbeat.” She replied.

Her Calling is the name of the book.

Rating of The Blurb for “Her Calling”- 7/10. The lowered rating is mainly due to the fact that this is a more a segment from the book versus a blurb about the book. Though the segment is very good at pulling one in near the later half. The segment is also well written and grammatically correct.

Whipping Girl

She should have met death, but instead she met her mate.

Yeona was just trying to be something meaningful in the chaotic realm of Earth-- to help her fellow werewolves and not bring so much shame to her family. Yet when her sister Suji unexpectedly visits and also unexpectedly kills someone, Yeona’s fate takes a radical twist in the opposite direction.

A direction right in the arms of a deadly assassin with piercing eyes and a barely there smile. The frightening Xiang. He’s a mighty werewolf who should be Alpha to his clan, the Lor Clan of Werewolf Assassins, but instead he makes Yeona the Alpha.

Yeona who is and always will be an Omega.

Though unbeknownst to them all, this Omega has got quite a bit up her sleeves. Between society and its underbelly, these two werewolves will collide.

'Til death do them part.