RATE YOUR BOOK COVER!

Hey hey hey!
I thought it would be fun to rate everyones book covers!
Please rate the cover above you out of 10 and give a reason why you liked it or how they can improve!
I’ll start :))))

ASECVR2

14 Likes

9/10

I feel like it looks too animated and with this cover I feel like I should see a real person

actual%20cover

4 Likes

6/10. Since this is the fantasy forum, I’m assuming your book is fantasy. Problem is, if I saw that in a bookstore, I’d assume it was a romance. If it is a romance, then I’d recommend making the title and author name bigger so that they fill the bottom right corner. Right now you’ve got a lot of empty space at the bottom with nothing to look at.

silverbloodbig

4 Likes

10/10. Im not really into werewolf stories but dude that is awesome! Whoever did that put time and effort into it and i can most def appreciate that.

6 Likes

6/10. I like the font used for the title and the combination of the I and L, but the word “Knights” does not have much bleed to the edges. The S is actually cut off (unless that’s just because of the image size allowed in replies). There’s also a lot of negative space in the top that could be used to draw the eyes to the knight figure or the title better.

2 Likes

7/10

I like the duality of the cover, and how the reader is given a picture of the world and the feel of it with the title. The problem would be the font used however, I don’t see it blending with the image too well.

9 Likes

8/10. I love the background and the colours however I’m not sure of the middle font. I’m not a huge fan of fonts like that in general though.
Overall I really like your cover. Hope this helped

test2

9/10
I really like the covers, title and fonts. The positioning if the fonts is really nice. My only suggestion is maybe to make the username a bit easier to read. It blends in with the background a lot.

20181229_094213_0001

4 Likes

10/10 Love the font. Love the simplicity. Love the suspenseful feel. Just love it, I would read it.

46Q1zTs
Done by @scmimi

4 Likes

9/10
It’s very elegant, I love the typeface. I just think there might be too much green for the dagger, it looks rather separated from the title. The amber flare on the blade doesn’t fit very well with the rest of its green-ness, but it’s a nice tie-in with the title.

TD%20Crimson%20Cover

4 Likes

I really love the way this cover flows. I love the red tones behind the white designs itself. They bring depth to the cover. The title fits very nicely and gives off a good feel for the story already.
10/10

20181228_120830_0001

2 Likes

7/10
I feel that the cover needs colour (more green especially as Peter Pan usually wears green) and a more imaginative font (since the font is quite plain and doesn’t convey they feeling of belief to me). I do like the choice of cover graphic though because it is represents both Peter Pan and Neverland to me.

I changed the covers for Sorcery Ice Slayer.
I wanted a more sports/fantasy like feel but it’s so hard to find.

I had this for a while:
Ice%20Slayer%201

And changed into this:
iceslayer1

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

I actually like the former better, but it may be just me :slight_smile: The second one is a bit… too minimalistic? The first would definitely catch my attention better.

Here’s mine. Since the book’s not yet published on WP, it can be said the cover is still a draft. Maybe I should go for something simpler, any feedback welcome.
Dreamcatcher3

1 Like

6/10

It’s hard to tell if any of the text is your authorname, and if Science Fantasy is your genre, it isn’t necessary to be on the cover. Love the aesthetics of the vocer though! But just clear up what some of the text is at the bottom, like is the title Dreamcatcher: The Inhuman Law or is that your name on there? If those two parts are your title, keeping both parts the same size/length would help. Also, as I said before, you can’t tell who it’s by.

These two go together, is that ok?

JXyInso REKOBMr

6 Likes

Yeah, I have kind of habit of not including myself on the cover, I don’t even know why :slight_smile:

That’s what I thought. So I’ll go back to the original cover. Thank you.

1 Like

8/10

It’s not a sharp contrast of colors so they complement just fine as if one is transitioning to another.

What is transitioning to another? I ask because they are supposed to look somewhat similar

10/10 These covers are absolutely gorgeous in my opinion and fit well together. I love the contrast between the colours, and I especially adore the glow effect on the book.

4 Likes