Read for a Read : OPEN

feedback-offered

I relate!

I used to DESPISE math, but look at me now… admitting how much I missed it and was willing to switch majors for it! Middle-School-Me would’ve been pissed :laughing:

I’m going to pretend I know what femperseconds are. But, as for codes, are you focusing on software engineering then?

Yeah

Title: Saving Eden
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/177066598-saving-eden
Genre: YA Science fiction / Fantasy
Comment: Chapter

Ok since your a college student, I need your opinion. I am a 15yr old junior, so I am supposed to go to college next yr at 16. 1. Should I go right away after I graduate from highschool or wait a little? And 2. I’m interested in health and nutrition, so nutritional sciences, but I feel like it will be too easy and I’ll be doing something where I can’t use my full capacity. My dad is making me do biomedical engineering, which I’m not at all confident about since I hate chemistry (only reason why I’m passing is because I’m cheating cough cough) and I’m not the handy type, but it is closely related to medical stuff which I’m interested in. What should I do?

How do you like nursing? Is it hard?

Oops! Phone autocorrected it. It’s SUPPOSED to be “femtoseconds”. :laughing:

In every Engineering major, you need to study codes and programs as well as how to input it into the computer and calculate it.

Also, FemtoSeconds = one quadrillionth of a second. Therefore, I am 6.30 x 10^23 fs. There’s math behind it but I don’t want to bore anyone with my “nerdiness” xD

How’s nursing going? What year are you in?

Hey, honey. Just an honest opinion, I don’t think there’s an easy degree course in college. And if you think you are ready to enter college then, go for it. If you really like nutritional sciences and you feel intimidated by biomedical engineering then, maybe reason out with your dad. You don’t have to take the course if you don’t want to. Another option would be to go search for other courses that might catch your interest. :slight_smile:

I’ll be completely honest. You can go to college at any age you feel ready. However, I went to college as soon as I could and I stayed at home. I only completed my basics at home, which gave me time to figure out what I truly wanted to be. Even as I entered Criminal Justice, I remained at home until now. If I were you, I’d complete your basics first and then, once you have an idea of what you want to be, you can ease your way up to it. Completing my basics really made it to where I can finishing a Bachelor’s in like…two years.

What parts of Health and Nutrition are you interested in? At my University, there’s multiple fields behind it. So, I was just curious.

Biomedical Engineering consists of advanced mathematics, science, and engineering classes to aid in solving problems at the interface of engineering, biology, and medicine. Moreover, the curriculum will prepare you with the ability to make measurements on and interpret data from living systems, addressing the problems associated with the interaction between living and non-living materials and systems.

Bottom line, go for what makes you happy.

Ok, thanks a bunch. Do you happen to know if job finding in nutritional sciences is hard, because that’s one of the reasons my dad is telling me not to do it. I always thought it wouldn’t since people seem to be so into health these days, turning vegan and stuff…

Thank you Abigail! I’ve never heard of basics in college terms so I’m a little confused by what they are. About health and nutrition, what I specifically like about it is learning about the systems of the building body (circulatory, immune, nervous, digestive, etc.) and how they function; so physiology and anatomy. Then healthy eating guidelines, like what to eat in order to reduce blood pressure or risk of etc. I would also like to be the one writing those health/nutrition articles you see on Yahoo or Google about how for example, organic food is not actually an advantage to your body or ecosystem, or how vegan diet really does to you.

I think there’s a lot of opportunities for nutritional scientists. They can work at the hospital or maybe do research. I know people can get a lot of money in research hehe. They are also needed by most food companies for laboratory purposes so, you don’t have to worry about the jobs. Right now, many are beginning to be concerned with their health so, many will be needing professional advice.

:disappointed_relieved: oh thank gawd. I’ll have a talk with my dad some time soon (but it will have to be before I start sending applications) because right now he thinks it is settled for biomedical engineering. Wish me luck!

“Basics” are basically two years (or less) of classes that all majors are required to have. For instance, you will need to take most of the basics math, English, Public Speaking, Psychology, Electives classes, and many more. Some majors don’t require it if you’re in school for less than a year (or for other reasons)

Oh! So, basically, you’re wanting a B.S. in Dietetics and Nutrition, that’s basically what you’re describing. You’ll need to take Servsafe, Intro to Nutrition Professions, Principles of Food Preparation, Principles of Food Preparation Lab, Nutrition, Human Development Across the Lifespan, Medical Nutrition Therapy I, Professional Development in Nutrition, Experimental Foods, Community Nutrition, and many more (depending on your college/university). I will say- the classes are fairly easier than Biomedical Engineering.

Honey, you can do it. Just reason out with him that you really like nutritional sciences and that there are a lot of jobs available after you graduate.

And if that doesn’t work, make a full blown presentation with statistics to convince him. Just kidding. :slight_smile:

Provide a work-cited page and data sheets to back up your claims! :laughing:

That’s so true! Make a 30-page (or more) research paper if that’s what he wants. Lol.

Lmao :joy: I will! I’m planning a damn PowerPoint lol

Oh gawd! The memories… I once wrote a 50-paged research paper for a class at college (not Uni). My goodness. I thought I was going to Heaven the day I turned it in.

It’s good. Lot’s of work, but good. The material can get pretty heavy, but as long as you pace yourself, I think you will be just fine.

I see. I wouldn’t call it boring; you learn something new every day.

It’s going good. I’m in second year.