Read for Read - Get a High Quality 1k-2k Word Critique, Any Genre

writing
feedback-offered
critiques
help

I’m no expert, but I do like throwing in my 2 cents!

What you get:

I’ll discuss Your Summary, Beginning, Conflict (Inner/Outer), Plot, Setting, Character Development, Conversation, Verb Usage, Adjective Usage, POV, “Show, Don’t Tell”, Layout, Moral Message, Language, Style, Overall Impression, Spelling, and Significant Situations/Catalysts.

I like to get in depth with my reviews, and I hope to bring a new perspective to your work! This will only be for 3k words and my critique will be lengthy-- 1k-2k sent to your inbox!

Payment:

A critique of my first two chapters of Stripped. For the critique, please let me know what you thought of the plot, the characters and where you think I can improve in my writing. No minimum word count, just don’t write a two sentence critique please!

OR

Minimum 3 inline comments for my first chapter of Stripped (Anything you think is appropriate as reactions while reading!), along with a short, 3 sentence comment after reading my second chapter.

Warning: Stripped has mature content, so if you are not comfortable reading that, please do not apply!

Form:

TITLE:
SUMMARY:
WHAT CHAPTER WILL I REACH 3K WORDS TOTAL:
ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW BEFORE READING:
PLEASE NOTE: Please wait until I approve your submission to give me payment, I don’t want want this to turn into a chore if I can’t keep up with submissions! I’ll try to get to everyone, though, but please be patient. :slight_smile:

Once I approve your story, I will start to read and critique. So please complete payment once you’ve been approved for a smooth transaction.

Title: Raising Hell
Summary: A demon and an angel try to raise the young antichrist, one in the hope of reform, the other in the hope of a successful armageddon.
What chapter: eh, it’s like 1.5k total right now with 2 chapters
anything I should know: It’s a lampoon on theology, if that’s not your thing, def won’t take offense.

Depending on when you respond, I may not be around immediately, but i’m pretty fast at responding/critiquing.

I like what you have to offer, and I’m more than happy to critique the first two chapters of Stripped for you. Please take a look at LEAD ME ASTRAY for me.

Title: LEAD ME ASTRAY
Summary: A newly dead ghost links up with an Empath and a werewolf to solve a murder while evading the vampire who was after her before she died.
What Chapter reaches 3K Words: None of the chapters reach 3K words; however, if you’re asking at which point in the chapter count you’re reach 3K words overall, that would be roughly by Chapter 2 :slight_smile:
Anything You Need to Know? This is an lgbtq+ polyamorous romance. It’s ultra-contemporary but a rarity in that it manages to do all the above without sex scenes! (Well, there are sex scenes in a separate book called the #HiddenChapters, but you can read LEAD ME ASTRAY without ever checking out the Mature scenes and be totally fine.)

Can’t wait to see what you think of it!

I’m excited to get into this! I’ll accept!! I’ll let you know when its done and send it via inbox :slight_smile:

Accepted! I’ll message you when I’ve completed the critique. :slight_smile:

Thanks @ReignsOnMyParade!

TITLE: Breaking Black
SUMMARY: Since his stint with the government’s top-secret Delta Force, Agent Black has become a valuable agent for the FBI and has solved every case thrown at him. When his longtime partner resigns and the double homicide of 16-year old twins lands on his desk with no leads that task becomes much more challenging.

His new partner, Lexi Stone, is fresh from the academy. Her keen eye for detail matched with no experience in the field leaves Agent Black struggling to adjust to his new role as a mentor.

A hard-won break in the case reveals a new, sinister turn. Will Agent Black and Agent Stone be able to work out their new partnership in time to catch the elusive killer, or will personal secrets and mounting tension make this the last case Agent Black ever works?

WHAT CHAPTER REACHES 3K WORDS: Chapter One
ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW BEFORE READING: Some strong language. This is a first draft of this novel.

TITLE:Crimson Love
SUMMARY:
Love. Lust. Betrayal.

These three words define the life of Mark, an ordinary student in a Chinese university. His life takes a 360 degree turn when he meets Akio, A Japanese transfer student. As time passes by, unusual things begin to happen. First, a criminal racket targets him and after that, his sole best friend dies without any reason. All this was enough to scar him for the rest of his life.

But, These events are the beginning of something catastrophic, like the calm before a storm.

WHAT CHAPTER REACHES 3K WORDS:4
ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW BEFORE READING:it has mature and LGBT+ content.

Title: Adventures of Prince Vajendra

Genre: Fantasy

Blurb:
Meet Prince Vajendra, aka the so-called spiritual Rishi of the continent of Vishaputra, a flat earth. He’s a man not interested in saving the world, but having his own adventures. A man that can talk with Gods, deal with flying airships, throw exploding bombs into the air. He must retrieve the powers that an evil Pharoah, named Nahakasha has taken from him. This story goes into a series of episodic sub-plots more than an overarching story.

Chapters: 4 please.

Fantasy story.

**Link:**https://www.wattpad.com/662610612-the-adventures-of-prince-vajendra-chapter-4-the

What chapter reaches 3k word: This chapter alone.
Anything I should know: This is an individual episodic story of Prince Vajendra the main character, hence you don’t need to read any further chapters before or after. Its a self contained story within itself.

TITLE: Th Shot
SUMMARY: After committing a murder which he has no memory of, a young man must discard the evidence and evade the law whilst figuring out why he committed the murder in the first place, and more importantly why none of the hundreds of witnesses have come forward
WHAT CHAPTER REACHES 3K WORDS: None
ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW BEFORE READING: It’s set in Ireland and some dialogue includes accents
The story is only 5000 words and is split into 4 parts.
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/178304487-the-shot

*The Shot

@whatislive Just completed your review and messaged it to you! Thanks you!! :slight_smile:

@lesserknown1 Hey, just letting you know I’m getting started on your review now, should be done tonight, so please have payment ready :slight_smile:

@lesserknown1 Critique has been inboxed! :slight_smile:

@hallonn23 Accepted! I’ll be starting on this tomorrow though, And probably won’t get this back to you until mid-day/evening, but looking forward to it!

@Poppyqueen01 Thanks for the advanced payment! I accept your story, but I have one ahead of you (Just going by chronological order, so you’re #2 for me tomorrow) I’ll get started tomorrow and may have it back to you by Wednesday at the latest! Looking forward to reading!

Thanks a lot!

Thanks!

author: @besmabesma3

*book title:*Therapy sessions of an almost functioning human

genre: YA- humor

WHAT CHAPTER REACHES 3K WORDS: None, my chapters are quite short

link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/173039606-therapy-sessions-of-an-almost-functioning-human

SUMMARY In which this girl tries to make her way through life while trying not to take the absurdity of existence too seriously.

"-I had a horribly busy day converting oxygen into carbon dioxide.

-Fair enough."

Here’s a little quote

I waved at her and made my way down the stairs and through the glass door of the building. I closed it, feeling the cold handle on my fingers and the crispy winter air engulf me in a warm embrace.
What a lovely day not to commit suicide, I thought to myself before heading to my house
PNG

@hallonn23 I’ve got your review ready, please submit payment and I’ll inbox you the critique!