📖 Read for Read -- Open! 🧡 Comment Spam Me, And I Comment Spam You

writing
feedback-offered
critiques
read-for-read

Hello! As I want to see the community a bit more while getting something out of it myself, I’m up for read for read. However, as reading only is kind of useless, I propose we comment on each other’s work as well. Feedback is an important thing to us writers, after all.

What I read:

• Fantasy
  • Science Fiction
  • Vampire
  • Werewolf

What I don’t read:

• Romance is okay, but as sub-plot. The main story/conflict should not be about romance
  • Sex scenes, kissing, etc
  • Anything other than the four genres mentioned above

What I offer:

• I know my way around English grammar and can direct you to my grammar book
  • I’m a nice person :slight_smile:
  • I’ll try my best to be as helpful and swift as possible
  • If I like your story enough. I’ll add it to my public reading list and read on

Payment:
We read an equal amount of chapters/words of eachother. My story The Bad Boy Mage has chapters of 1,000-1,300 words. I read the first 5,000 of your story, and you read the first 5,000 of mine (aka the first five chapters, excluding the Sneak Preview).

Be aware, the more you comment on my story, the more I will comment on yours :slight_smile:

Form:
Name:
Book title:
Genre(s):
Summary:
Size of chapters: The rough amount of words
Link:

I look forward to hearing from you :smiley:

P.S. Please wait before we’ve come to an agreement before you start reading/commenting. Otherwise it’d be very awkward if I deny you

(Due to circumstances, I’m only taking a max of five people, in case I get overwhelmed. I will most likely do one read for read a day)

Queue:

1. @GeeGeeIsNoOne || The First of her Name || Starting soon || Payment complete (15/26)
  2. @dAYoFtHEdECAF || The End Times Time Travelers || Awaiting payment || Payment pending
  3. Open
  4. Open
  5. Open

Completed:

@cayla1901 || Wings of Flame || Finished || Payment complete
@wandering1234 || Adventures of Prince Vajendra || Finished || Payment complete
@ImperialARG || Imperial Moon || Finished || Payment complete
@justalex99 || The Apprentice and the Lost City || Finished || Payment complete

Post away :slight_smile:

Name: @ImperialARG
Book title: Imperial Moon
Summary:
Centuries ago, the Moon bestowed a gift on a small village.
The people that lived there were forever transformed, becoming wolves in the night.
Generations later, the wolves learned control, shifting form at will, and the modern-day Werewolf was born.

Katja has been running for 8 years.
When a rogue wolf chases her into unknown territory, she comes face to face with the most terrifying pack on Earth.
Can Katja escape the brutal Alpha?
Does she want to?
Will her past catch up with her before she has a chance to decide?
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/166868268-imperial-moon

My first 3 chapters are just over 6k words, so I can read and comment on a little more of yours too? The book is rated Mature for the fight scenes. Chapter 11 gets sexual, so if you’re uncomfortable, quit before then!

I see your story is tagged with “love”. Is there romance in it?

In the sense of werewolf mates, I wouldn’t specifically categorize it as romance. :upside_down_face:

Name: CJoslyn https://www.wattpad.com/user/CJoslyn
Book title: TimeLord the Vampire Chronicles Book One
Genre(s):

• action
  • adventure
  • alternate
  • bully
  • demon
  • fantasy
  • fiction
  • horror
  • love
  • magic
  • monster
  • paranormal
  • scary
  • supernatural
  • teen
  • vampire
  • werewolf
  • TimeTravel
  • AlternateReality

Summary:
Turning sixteen shouldn’t be this difficult.

Zach is almost your typical teenage boy. He’s socially awkward, gets picked on in school, has a huge crush on the beautiful popular girl next door and his best friend is his dog Tesla. But a few things make him different.
His dad invented a teleportation device and on his birthday it sends his dad, himself and his dog to an alternate reality. Where Vampires rule the world. Humans are hunted for food and werewolves run an underground resistance war.
He meets a strange girl and her twin brother who have a dangerous and dark secret that just might get them all killed. On top of everything else and trying survive an overly hormonal, blood thirsty vampire girl, hordes of Zombies, Evil Mercenaries, Vampires, giant Demons and all kinds of nightmarish creatures, he discovers he can manipulate space and time with just the power of his mind.

Did I forget to mention now Zach is the only one who can save this apocalyptic world and get them home? Hopefully without accidentally destroying the entire multiverse while trying to figure out this terrifying ability.

What happened to just cake and ice cream?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/164704867-timelord-the-vampire-chronicles-book-one

Not sure what you have against love or romance since your book is categorized as that lol. But for the most part all you’ll see in this first book is a kiss or two as far as that goes.

Ironic, huh? I only realised that after. Let’s just say that the one chapter that did get close to a kissing scene still has me squirming in discomfort when thinking about it, months after

Also, you do know ‘scary’, ‘bully’, ‘alternate’’ , etc. aren’t genres? Genres are things such as teen fiction, fantasy, science fiction, romance, the likes.

@CJoslyn

I’m sorry, you’re denied

Yeah I realized that after I hit send. I know what a Genre is but I just copied the tags instead. Lol blame it on Monday morning brain. But it’s fine if you don’t want to read it. Thanks for considering… or not considering it.

It’s not because of the tags thing. I took a quick look at your first chapter, that’s what made me decide.

What was wrong with the first chapter?

Name: justalex99
Book title: The Apprentice & the Lost City
Genre(s): Fantasy/Adventure
Summary: A young girl inherits her magical powers from an old wizard.
Size of chapters: 4 (Prologue + 3 chapters)
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/168826271-the-apprentice-the-lost-city

If you do consider reading this, then I must warn you that my chapters are kind of long (2500 - 3000) :sweat_smile: So, you can read only a chapter or two if you’d prefer. Thanks in advance and hope to hear from you soon! :slight_smile:

Your paragraphs are quite long. On wattpad, it’s normal to have paragraphs of 2-5 sentences. Any more than that hurts the readers’ eyes, as it’s on a device instead of on paper.

Accepted :slight_smile: You’ll come after ImperialARG

Lol, it depends, though it’s true most writer on WP stick to shorter paragraphs

@ImperialARG
I did my part :slight_smile: I enjoyed your story so far, although you could use some help with punctuation. I have a small guide on punctuation in dialogue and such in my grammar book, if you need it. I trust you’ll do your part as well (up to and including Chapter Five – you can do Chapter Six too, but that chapter is… very awkward, so if you don’t want to, that’s fine).

I’ll do yours in approx. 4 hours as I’m just at work right now!

Take your time. I’m surprised you got that many comments in while you’re there

Boop ^-^