Reading offline feature

Yesterday I could read any story in my library offline. Now with the new update I can only read three.

Can you show us a screenshot?

1 Like

I am not going to update the app until I am done reading all the stories I have saved offline o.o

1 Like

1 Like

I just checked my app and I get only 2 stories. o.o

1 Like

That’s weird. Maybe they are a testing different amount among the users.

1 Like

Ah, maybe.

@Emilia Maybe reading these articles could help you:https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033636711-New-Library-Offline-feature-
https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033645811-How-can-I-add-remove-a-story-to-read-offline-

1 Like

Yeah it’s a new feature (nablai linked the articles). I believe upgrading to premium increases the number of offline stories though.

1 Like

This might be useful:

Images

1 Like

This seems like they’re trying to disguise it as a good thing to help with storage and optimize your library experience but… that theory goes away when you consider that if you just pay for Premium, you can have the unlimited stories access offline like you used to get for free.

This is a super sketch move unless I’m looking at it the wrong way.

10 Likes

I also only have 2 :joy:

2 Likes

Even more screenshots so we have all the info:

Images

2 Likes

Were you around for the experiment they did last year with offline reading access? This reminds me of that.

I wonder if it’s region-based. :thinking:

I was around but I don’t remember it.

1 Like

Here’s a link to the thread I made about it:

This post in particular summed it up well:

2 Likes

So yes. Something that was once free for all is now only available to Premium users.

That definitely is a sketch move. I love Wattpad but to go from unlimited story access offline to only two unless you have the money to spend puts a sour taste in my mouth and surprises me that they’d do something so limiting to so many users.

7 Likes

I agree. It’s definitely sketchy, especially the way they describe it as something to help us:

The new Library experience / Offline feature will be slowly rolling out to all Wattpadders, and over the course of the coming weeks, each one of you will eventually see this update. This new experience was designed and built for you—the members of our diverse, creative, and passionate community—and we can’t wait for you to explore it for yourselves. (Source)

2 Likes

Someone needs to find a better site, and fast.

4 Likes