Recipes from books

Inspired by @metty from the Accomplishments thread (and definitely NOT from @spicy_sweets post in Horror about eating flesh…ok a little bit…she made it sound good…JK…or…) –I’d love to hear about food in books that you’ve ended up craving and/or making for yourself.

With this question, I always think of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s description of the pig tail bubbling from Little House on the Prairie (I think it was that book…might be Little House in the Woods). Always sounded so amazing to me though I was far too young at the time to make for myself…

xD
My god

IM NOT NOW A CANNIBAL IT’S JUST LUNCH TIME AND FOOD IS ON MY MIND

If nothing else, I’m glad my books make you hungry cx

I totally remember thinking the same thing about the pig tail, but I’ve yet to try it.

Heartless by Marissa Meyer was filled with yummy baked goods, and I did end up making some: spiced pumpkin cake with toasted coconut sprinkled on top; rosewater macarons; lemon tarts. Actually, this book is why I took an interest in baking.

The Bite made me eat pasta lots, as she kept on going on about it being carbtastic in the book. it’s not uncommon for me to eat it as midday snack now, with some bacon

i haven’t made any from a book, but damn do i want to do these:

As Hannibal boiled sticky rice for chirashi sushi and arranged his palette of benishoga, salmon roe, green shiso, and raw fish, Will scrolled through the Marionette’s emails.

Hannibal served them osso buco veal shanks with aromatic onions and carrots and gremolada.

“Poached eggs with cave-aged gruyere, arugula and prosciutto.”

The tender meat broke into fine strands beneath his fork, saturated in the hearty goulash, and he assembled a bite with a touch of sour cream to overwhelm the taste of copper.

The table was artfully arranged with small dishes: yam cut in tortoiseshell pattern, vinegar crab, simmered turnips with shrimp and yuzu citron, and perfect cuts of sashimi topped with roe.

there’s like a meal for every chapter but every other line includes the two characters screwing or brutally murdering each other.

you should watch Black Butler. Every episode, they showcase another dish and it just looks heavenly

IS THIS MORE CANNIBAL STUFF

i did but it broke my suspense of disbelief because ain’t no victorian house cook gud food. i think. i wasn’t there in the 1800s

YES ANYTHING THAT’S MEAT IN THIS BOOK IS HUMAN MEAT

Now I’m wondering if I should make a cookbook for my book’s future human-infused pastry shop :eyes:

My hubby was just telling me that there was an episode of Little House (the tv show) and Laura was cooking cinnamon chicken. We were wondering if that recipe was in the book. It sounds interesting.

One of my favorite books is Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. They have a bunch of recipes at the end of the book. One was for biscuits, but I was unable to save any of the recipes. I regret not copying the pages of the book because nothing better than good old Sothern comfort food.