Reintroducing myself

Welcome back to Wattpad and plenty of us old people on this site. I’ve got a little over a decade on you, but it also means I’ve been writing fiction for over 30 years. I think Wattpad is slowly pulling those of us with more writing experience.

2 Likes

Hi there! Welcome back. I’m kinda new here. Just over two months. Nice to meet a fellow adult!

Hi @BobRyan874! Glad to see another adult on here… and one that’s closer to my age!

Nice to meet you!

1 Like

There are a few of us and I think Wattpad should have the equivalent of an adult’s table.

1 Like

There’s a couple 35+ plus threads in The Pub. But I always feel like an outsider when I pop in there.

I’ve seen the thread, but never when it first comes out. I don’t mind scrolling through a few dozen to get an idea of what’s going on, but I’m not taking the time to scroll through thousands.

2 Likes

Hi there! Yeah I see lots of younger writers on here. Happy to see Wattpad gets everyone excited about sharing their writing. I’m just getting my bearings again because I see things have changed a little since I’ve been here last.

1 Like

Hay! May as well consider me new because I’m getting reacquainted with the site’s interface and the new forums. Hope you have fun around here!

2 Likes

Thanks! Best of luck to you on here!

2 Likes

You read when you’re frisky? :crazy_face:

1 Like

:joy::joy: This made me chuckle. My fifth grade teacher would totally do this, but she was my favorite! xDD Welcome back!

2 Likes

Either I used the wrong word or I have immense self control while reading The Guns of August.

1 Like

Thanks! My fifth grade teacher was my favorite too. What could have been a simple assignment became a lifelong obsession because of her lol.

1 Like

Hey, that’s a good thing! I’ve always loved writing, I started as soon as I knew how to write lol though even after all this time I’ve never finished anything “novel” length, but plenty of short stories and poems so I’m okay with that, but I’m trying my hands at a novel.

1 Like

Welcome back here!

1 Like

I hope i didn’t offend you with my joke, I saw the chance and took it.:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Give it a shot! Writing a novel can be intimidating and frustrating, but when something clicks you’ll be riding that high all day. I’m currently on draft 3 of something I started awhile ago. Best of luck to ya!

1 Like

Nah, I just have a dry sense of humor, it’s all good! Made me have a giggle.

1 Like

Glad to help. I love jokes, just that good at it.