Removing authors own "reads"

feedback-offered

I disagree, too. It helps draw attention to those of us who don’t get noticed, so it heightens the chance of others reading it when they see others like it, too. I’m barely getting readers; then again, I haven’t finished a single story I’ve started. Lol.

Idk. But they said even if it adds read, it won’t affect ranking. Even you voted in your book, it won’t affect your ranking. That’s what I’ve read in some wp oldie people. So i guess. That’s it. Its fine to me.

Considering how often I go back to edit my chapters, I’ll end up giving myself 1M reads and becoming a star on my own merit. :joy:

That being said, I like the idea someone previously mentioned about a possibility to separate the views generated by ourselves and those by others.

I agree!! It doesn’t translate a true feedback!

I totally agree as I have already said, and for some related reasons I have lost some interest in publishing here.

Same problem here, it’s always so confusing. I would love to see only the actual readers instead of looking at my reads and thinking “How many of them was actually me?”.

I had no idea you could vote for your own work.

Thanks for this! I couldn’t figure out why my count kept going up with no feedback. I agree, it shouldn’t be set up that way.

I agree and if you want read my new story

Agreeeed! Wattpad gotta fix that. I want to see real views from readers, not edit views from me.