Removing authors own "reads"

feedback-offered

It would be cool if they removed out reads but also advertisements on our own stories :sweat_smile:

yeah I agree !!

I agree, and since I’ve just published a book and have no idea how this whole author thing works, I’m not sure if my book is actually reaching people y’know?

<3

Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic.

I feel like they have it set up to show reads publically so it looks like other people have clicked it- artificially making it look like it’s “alive” by making the read count larger than it actually is. But if that’s the case, then the stats page for the author should include “unique views” and “views” as two different counts. Unique should be lower, since the author and repeated IPs would be tracked there, as opposed to a generic “view” ticker.

Absolutely. I am new to wattpad so I had no idea that my reads and the reads of others were shown as the same. I didn’t even know that your reads counted for anything. Now I’m confused as to how many reads I actually have.

First off, I didn’t even know that my reads are also being accounted for. So thank you guys for that highlight.
Second off, I’m not entirely new to Wattpad, but to posting books on it? Oh yes, I am.
Maybe, they could have the “Unique views” as @nostalgicroxas suggested in the Book List -
(My Works), to show the unique number of readers (excluding the author)… instead of adding all the “chapter views” together.
The author would know how many times they have edited their book since the changes made would be displayed in their Account’s Activity Panel.