Restoring a Deleted Part

Help. I accidentally deleted a part from one story and another part from another story a few days ago. They were both titles “Untitled #” and they had zero-content. That’s why I deleted them both then I remembered that I had written something in them and all I need was view a revision of the deleted parts.

Is there a way to restore the deleted parts or are they lost forever?

1 Like

I believe they’re lost forever. It always give this warning “deleting a part can never be undone” before deleting, so I don’t think you’ll be getting them back…

I believe I saw a post recently from someone saying that they asked the support to restore some deleted parts for them and they did. I hope it’s true.

Let’s hope it is!

1 Like

I did so and they restored all previously deleted parts told me to be careful next time but it is possible if you ask them early on I think

Hope it works for you as it did for me

2 Likes

You can read this article for more info- https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/208000896-How-Do-I-Get-Back-a-Deleted-Story-Part-
You can contact support here- https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us

1 Like

Hi there,

Unfortunately, if you’ve deleted the parts, we do not restore user-deleted stories/story parts, even if deleted accidentally. We recommend reverting to draft or being very sure before deleting a story part, as the pop-up does say that once a story part has been deleted, it is deleted. I’m sorry we can’t be of more help. :pensive:

All the best

3 Likes

Hi Gabby!

Even if the parts I deleted were blank and the title was gone and replaced with “Untitled #” because of an error between the browser and the site? I use Google Chrome, btw.

Thanks for replying.

1 Like

Thanks Dreams!

1 Like

Thanks, Nab :tulip:

1 Like

Hi again,

Sorry, unfortunately if the story is user-deleted, even if by a mistake/accident, we can’t restore them. If you have any other questions, let me know!

All the best,

2 Likes

Thanks, Gabby :tulip:

1 Like