Rising Up: A Thread for New and Undiscovered Writers

Greetings, all!

We are a group of readers and writers dedicated to helping writers under 1000 reads get access to any writing help they need, connecting new and aspiring authors to other likeminded people, and motivating any new or struggling writers among us to keep going whenever you happen to hit the dreaded plot hole!

So come join us! We don’t bite and we’re always here to lend a helping hand. ^-^ Non-members are welcome to join in! Don’t be shy! Whether you want to discuss your favourite hobbies or your day, it’s all welcomed here.

To kick off our discussion, we have a few questions for you!

• How often do you read undiscovered books? If you don’t read undiscovered books, why not?

A final note: Please, no advertising! This is not the space for that!

Introductions of the @Rising-Up Readers:

@LauraPWrites: Hi there, I’m Laura! Sometimes I go by Pi if you see that name floating about. I manage the profile here and I am a voracious reader and writer. If you need a nitpicker, that’s me! If you need a motivational commentspam, that’s also me! In general, I’m just happy to always be helping someone, so don’t be afraid to ask!

@Theora: Hi, Hello! I’m Theora and I’ll be your personal sunshine. I’ll do my best to support you and motivate you to keep writing. I’ll look on the bright side and point out things that are good because everyone needs to hear a few nice words sometimes. If you need me to look at the not-so-bright side, I can do that too~

@JJJ000YYY: Hello, I’m Joy and I’m a film student. So if you got scripts, I can help you there! I’m fine with helping with novels too if anybody needs the help so feel free to tag me here on forums!

@Oblivionyx: Yo, I’m Kylan: worldbuilding enthusiast and a reader of all genres. If you require someone to casually read your works, offer writing advice, or just someone to listen to you ramble on and on about your latest project, I’m the person to call.

@Nonfictionism: Is our lovely graphic designer! Give her a shout if you need some nice covers or graphics!

13 Likes

Resources:

Writing Boot Camp

Would Your Character Survive Info

POC Description Guide (By POC)

Map Generators:

Inkarnate (Basic Map Drawing Tools)

Fantasy Map Generator (All Styles, No Drawing)

We’re pleased to announce that we have opened up a writing based discord for everyone! In here, you’ll have access to all of us members for any questions you might have, and also the chance to make friends in a more intimate setting! We do hope you’ll join us.

The discord can be accessed here. If you have any questions, let us know.

5 Likes

Number of Graduates to Date: 13

Tags: @AimeeMenard @AloofFloof @AmaturArtistry @beewest90 @breathingchemicals @bykelseysmith @clizbethh @crystal-nights @DeliverPoetry @Exequinne @Fondness_Fantasies @Kotkoda @KroseWriter @MagdaThenAndNow @MissCakeness @MollyLaurent @Nablai @Onesheart101 @RebeccaShiningStar @RissaGomes @RynAnderson @Scribbling_Myrtle @ShadouFireborn @Suziejayauthor @witchesdontburn

If you wish to be tagged, please tag us, @LauraPWrites, or @Theora so that we can add you!

17 Likes

This sounds great. I’m new and I’m not even sure I’m replying in the right place. But ‘HI’ :grin: I’d love to be a part of this.

I only just came back to Wattpad yesterday even though I joined years ago. I’m a bit of a cover lover, so I don’t care if a book is popular or undiscovered, if I like the blurb and the cover, I’ll give it a shot.

6 Likes

Welcome back. I hope things go well for you!

1 Like

Thank you. I plan on dedicating more time to it this time around. I have so many novels just sitting on my computer not doing anything. So why not get them out there?

2 Likes

Heyo, welcome here~

(I’m going to just apologize in advance for the apparent creepiness, we saw your thread and someone suggested your book to add to the account reading lists before you appeared here, so that is entirely coincidental and I’m sorry it looks like we stalked you.)

2 Likes

For sure!

Have you heard of the Open Novella Contest?

1 Like

Pffffffft admit it you were totally 100% stalking her

@Suziejayauthor Also, welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here!

2 Likes

Nice profile picture, did you have the artist remove your acne for you?

4 Likes

Hi, nice to meet you. I am not in the position to turn down a stalker :laughing: Could you point me in the direction of where I can find other books you’ve added so I can support those authors too? Thank you for considering me.

2 Likes

No I haven’t. But I do love writing Novellas.

1 Like

Why thank you and no, they just faded on their own for some mysterious reason! It’s very convenient, wouldn’t you say?

3 Likes

Nice to meet you too!

It’s linked on the account profile there, just click the profile picture and it’ll pop up with the link back to the site! Same name there, hyphen and all

2 Likes

I once got a boyfriend by telling him I wasn’t stalking him but I could start if he’d like me to. And let’s face it… I already was. :laughing: Stalking is definitely underrated.

5 Likes

https://www.wattpad.com/user/OpenNovellaContest

You can find all the information on the link above.

It’s an awesome contest to meet other writers!

3 Likes

Ahhh! Thank you. I’ll check them out and add them to my reading list.

2 Likes

Convenient indeed, are you trying to impress someone? wiggles eyebrows

3 Likes

Sounds great. I need to start writing.

1 Like