Rising Up: A Thread for New and Undiscovered Writers

Greetings, all!

We are a group of readers and writers dedicated to helping writers under 1000 reads get access to any writing help they need, connecting new and aspiring authors to other likeminded people, and motivating any new or struggling writers among us to keep going whenever you happen to hit the dreaded plot hole!

So come join us! We don’t bite and we’re always here to lend a helping hand. ^-^ Non-members are welcome to join in! Don’t be shy! Whether you want to discuss your favourite hobbies or your day, it’s all welcomed here.

To kick off our discussion, we have a few questions for you!

• How often do you read undiscovered books? If you don’t read undiscovered books, why not?

A final note: Please, no advertising! This is not the space for that!

Introductions of the @Rising-Up Readers:

@LauraPWrites: Hi there, I’m Laura! Sometimes I go by Pi if you see that name floating about. I manage the profile here and I am a voracious reader and writer. If you need a nitpicker, that’s me! If you need a motivational commentspam, that’s also me! In general, I’m just happy to always be helping someone, so don’t be afraid to ask!

@Theora: Hi, Hello! I’m Theora and I’ll be your personal sunshine. I’ll do my best to support you and motivate you to keep writing. I’ll look on the bright side and point out things that are good because everyone needs to hear a few nice words sometimes. If you need me to look at the not-so-bright side, I can do that too~

@JJJ000YYY: Hello, I’m Joy and I’m a film student. So if you got scripts, I can help you there! I’m fine with helping with novels too if anybody needs the help so feel free to tag me here on forums!

@Oblivionyx: Yo, I’m Kylan: worldbuilding enthusiast and a reader of all genres. If you require someone to casually read your works, offer writing advice, or just someone to listen to you ramble on and on about your latest project, I’m the person to call.

@_redflower: Heya, I’m Red. I like to point out the good, the bad and the beautiful. I’m best with fantasy but can help with anything. If you have something you want me to read just tag me in the forums or pm me.

Wanna be our Reader and help us promote undiscovered books?
Fill out the form in this thread:

3 Likes

Resources:

Writing Boot Camp

Would Your Character Survive Info

POC Description Guide (By POC)

Map Generators:

Inkarnate (Basic Map Drawing Tools)

Fantasy Map Generator (All Styles, No Drawing)

We’re pleased to announce that we have opened up a writing based discord for everyone! In here, you’ll have access to all of us members for any questions you might have, and also the chance to make friends in a more intimate setting! We do hope you’ll join us.

The discord can be accessed here . If you have any questions, let us know.

1 Like

Hello ^.^

Hello!

1 Like

Hello hello! What’s up?

Hey there!

2 Likes

I just finished writing for the day, what about you guys? :blush:

1 Like

Hiya!

Relaxing and watching Youtube XD mostly listening to musicals

2 Likes

I love musicals so much lmao I have the Chicago soundtrack playing xD

1 Like

Procrastinating on editing

Ooo I love the soundtrack for it

I’ve been rewatching A Very Potter musical lately XD

1 Like

My sibling is an editor so I know the struggle ;-;

1 Like

The Sky :blush:

1 Like

I just remembered that my main character has an arrow wound which I left out of the past two chapters. So gotta sneak that in there.

LMAO THAT HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME

1 Like

Ha xD done any reading or writing lately?

1 Like

I read undiscovered fanfics sometimes. Wattpad like to be a jerk and give me ones that have the most votes on them but seem a little like crap.

2 Likes

There’s so many great undiscovered books on here its so frustrating seeing all the bad popular ones smh

1 Like