Romance books with character growth

Here is my story, it’s in progress now. It’s a mature LGBT romance. It doesn’t contain cancer but action is often set in a hospital since there’s a doctor and a nurse as main characters, check it out if you’re comfortable with it. :slight_smile:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/172535029-tight-bonds-mxm

Aiden owns his life. Accomplished nurse, being a rock to his friends and life companion comes naturally to him. Until misfortune decides to shake his very foundation.
Upon losing a patient, John struggles with what he his, and what he’s supposed to be. Seeking to escape his own skin, he finds that becoming someone else might be easier than he thought, but not quite what he expected.
Max has escaped his parents grip. He’s on his own now, no strings attached. Yet, when some bonds untie, new ones are bound to be tightened.

THE SINCLAIR BROTHERS (Almost finished) (No mental health issues but sometimes some tough things to swallow)
https://www.wattpad.com/story/163382569-the-sinclair-brothers

Description:
A new (unwelcomed) beginning comes when Makennah is relocated through the foster care system to a new home in a rich suburb with the Sinclair family. Makennah knows right away that she doesn’t belong here, and she probably never will.

However, she can’t help but start to fall in love with the charming, humorous, family of six with all brothers.

Oh, and she couldn’t forget Matt’s (the oldest brother) hot football player best friend Theodore Alexander Rose. Or Theo for short. Before she can blink, she’s unequivocally involved with Theo. On the first week of school, Makennah spied Cassandra, Matt’s girlfriend, cheating on Matt, but he doesn’t believe her. Theo agrees to spy on Cassandra with Makennah in order to obtain evidence to convince Matt that Cassandra is unloyal.

Naturally, romance and attraction brew between them as they spend more time together. Makennah is scared that Matt will be unhappy with their attraction and keeps things behind closed doors where Matt can’t see.

However, Makennah can’t deny that she’s starting to fall in love with Theo. In the midst of her turbulent storms of trying to find her feet in a brand new town, new high school, and new family, he sees through her tough exterior and cares about what’s underneath that makes Makennah who she is. And he doesn’t care about her past.

I was going to promo my story but then I saw that you’ve also read Anita Blake and OMG I can never put those books down even if I’ve read them thrice before.

tumblr_ot2zr3tMZ81w1eadpo1_540

"You've been helping these girls with their own wedding gowns for years! When will you ever be trying on your own?" Erin's mother shouts from across the bridal shop. Girls of all shapes and sizes turn to see the commotion. An older woman in her forties stands atop one of the pedestals. A young, radiant girl dwindles under her mother's finger.

“I’ve got a lot of things going on,” Erin shouts back. Trying to stand her ground against the mother who didn’t understand.

Erin a 22-year-old entrepreneur is now the owner of the bridal shop her father started at an early age. After losing her father to a heart attack she must figure out how to make ends meet. There are bills to pay, clients to help, renovations to complete. How can anyone girl get it done? On top of all these newly bestowed responsibilities; Erin’s mother is pestering her. Telling her it’s her time to find the perfect husband. Making a deal with the woman, she finds herself with three months to find the perfect husband and a new Tinder account. How could she possibly find the perfect man while running a bridal shop all by herself? Follow Erin as she discovers herself and what she wants while working with some of the finest dresses around.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/44715608-cake-toppers-✔

Story is: Completed
Book 1 In a 3 book series
The second Book is Completed

NM%20Book%201%20With%20Layers%20right%20title

Hey! If you’re looking for something original in this genre or just something new, I would love you to check out my book Nephilims Mark: Book 1. Here is the blurb:

“No, I won’t!” I jumped as his roar echoed throughout the room, forcing my anger to be replaced by surprise.

Turning towards me, he captured my gaze with those dark blue eyes. In that moment, I was held there, my heart beating dangerously fast, my breath trapped in my mouth.

Captivated by him. By everything he was.

Holding me there through, he walked towards me slowly, until there was no space between us. My head drooped as I leaned back against the desk behind me as he reached up to my hairline. I released a sigh as his finger gently followed the path down the curve of my cheekbone, around my jaw until his finger was at my chin, leaving a trail of sparks behind it. Slowly, he lifted my eyes up to his once more.

“I won’t let you put yourself in harm’s way.” His eyes bore into mine, departing conviction and emotion that I had never seen in him before.

“I won’t lose you. Not to him. Not to anyone. You are mine.”

With newly found courage, I slowly wrapped my arms around him, and place my head on his chest. I closed my eyes, finding satisfaction at the sound of his erratic heartbeat.

“The feeling’s mutual.”

Alexis Miller has always been ambitious, independent and feisty; she knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to get it. With a job that she loves, four amazing friends by her side and a family she adores, it seemed like she had the perfect life.

Until one day, an encounter in the woods makes her question everything that has ever happened to her.

She is forced to reshape the very world that she lives in as ancient secrets are revealed to her by complete strangers, who are more than they seem. On top of that place a complicated, snarky demon and a compassionate angel, and what do you get?

A complete mess.

You can find the book here:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/173351094-nephilims-mark-book-1?utm_source=web&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=share_myworks_details&wp_uname=Right_Word&wp_originator=GoMV8KU6DsTQTR50g2ik37GYFij2Wu7635L46%2Fmu4nsDVSTimeVedzczUxGQZmiYUDisFkpArc%2BtXSSc3Lq4KQ8OWMFLmROlgN%2Bp0pKuRUFtH2V13QgVx71yLgnUvrHM&_branch_match_id=610158202223943143

Any feedback is welcome, but I just hope you guys enjoy the story! Thank you so much :slight_smile:

HiHi. My story has a huge focus on character development/growth and romance as well! I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think love<3

Untitled

Gracie (Grace) Anderson stops believing in fate and soulmates- when her 4 year relationship ultimately falls apart within seconds of being in a bathroom stall. When she craves revenge on a drunken whim- She falls victim to divine intervention and an unexpected surprise from her own mistakes.

“Do you want me to help you forget about him?”
I bite my lower lip and look up at his gaze. Feeling dizzy from all of that drinking- yet, I still want this. I want them all to feel pain. I’ve never wanted something more.
“I want to forget.” I simply say.
He leans in and gives me a soft, yet tender kiss.
Pulling back, I catch him grinning at me. I feel myself blush and leaning back in- knowing where this is going to go.

Link:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/50774444-amazing-gracie

I’d love it if you could check out my story! It’s still in the making tho x.x

Catalina Flores, or Kat, is given a dare. Fairly simple and innocent; make Kim Sung-jae smile. Easy right? What she didn’t sign up for was him asking her to return the favour.

••

“Wait,” she murmured, pushing him away. He was close, way too close. His scent was intoxicating and her head was spinning.

“Kat,” he rolled his eyes, “it’s just for two weeks, what’s the worst that can happen?”

Catalina closed her eyes, relaxing against the wall that supported her.

“We need to make this look real,” he whispered. Slowly, he leaned over her, his warm breath on her lips and his hand on her hips.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/160712607-melting

https://www.wattpad.com/story/173351208-january-to-january-a-journal

Title:
January to January: A Journal
Description:
Harrison Lee keeps a journal, detailing an eventful year filled with a taste of first love and all its requisite bittersweet flavors. The journal keeps Harry’s secrets: being gay in a conservative Chinese family, weird friends who are more than family, off-kilter sibling relationships, depression and anxiety, doubts, sarcasm, and nihilism. It’s tough to live in world where almost everything is against you, but Harry learns that it’s tougher still to live in one where wishes come true. Walk with Harry as he navigates the convoluted path of destined loves, and contemplate what love means to you. *** I decided to repost this after I chose to delete the completed work. Try my luck again to see if anyone actually reads this.***

149432986-176-k158122

Growing Pains.

Emma and Alex were engaged and in love. After high school, they moved in together, went to a community college determined to build a future together. The only problem is, the future that Emma ends up with is nothing of what she imagined. She soon finds herself rebuilding her life one baby step at a time and learns what it truly means to grow where God has planted you.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/149432986-growing-pains

I’ve got quite a few feelgood romances on my account with character growth. None of them have cancer and only one (The Tycoon’s Trophy Family) deals with mental health.

Here’s one https://www.wattpad.com/story/127911283-once-a-prince It’s about a prince who gets fired and must start over.

Hey, my story is in the theme of Fantasy Romance that has some adventure in it. I hope you like it because you can easily be attached to the characters. I have 9 chapters currently and I update every Thursday and/or Friday. Depends on my mood :wink: Thank you!

Title : Fire and Ice
Summary : Thousands of years ago, the Azure and the Vermilion dragons started a war. Although no one knows how it started, generations upon generations of both of these dragons have been taught to despise and kill each other instantly.

The spirit of the dragons have been passed down to humans as a tribute to their kindness, but little did the humans know, that with the spirit of the dragons, came at a cost. The cost of instant bloodshed of each other.

The royal family of both these clans possesses the blood of the Azure and Vermilion dragon, who can shift from human to dragon at will. Many generations of the royal families tried to forge an alliance or a treaty with each other, but always end up betraying one another.

As a result from a new peace treaty, Princess Annamarie, the last Azure dragon descendant, is then forced into a political marriage by her own morals and principles with the brooding Prince Kyro who is popular for being a tyrant throughout the Vermilion Kingdom.

Although Prince Kyro seems to be the main threat at the moment, Annamarie has become aware of a larger threat looming above everyone’s head, including hers. As a result, Anna’s life is going to take a wild turn as it is going to be filled with adventure, drama, raw emotions, bloodshed, and a hint of romance :wink:

Link : https://www.wattpad.com/story/167233051-fire-and-ice

You might like my book! It’s fantasy/paranormal+new kind of magic+sisterhood+romance :smile:

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/173530385-casting-flames

Hello, I have a vampire romance if you’re willing to check it out.

It is rated Mature for violence and sexuality. It doesn’t involve any cancer (or any mental health…?) But there is one scene which is violent for the MC which does get hard for her to get over, however, it’s not a huge part of the book at all. It’s very small. I understand if this is not something you could do.

PS. There is a happy ending.

“You seem to be aware of your surroundings.” I heard the voice behind me. I turned my head, instantly recognizing him. His thick British accent wasn’t that hard to miss. I had to admit that his voice was very sexy, just like the rest of him.

I narrowed my eyes, “why the hell am I here?”

“Oh, you mean you don’t remember falling in the showers and getting a concussion? You’re lucky it wasn’t worse. No blood, nothing else.” He looked irritated by my existence, and it made me want to slap him.

I looked down at my attire, turning deep red when I realized it was only a towel. Why was I embarrassed? At least he didn’t see anything, right? Besides, it covered the parts that needed it.

I stayed in my spot, on his bed. It was the only bed in this room. It gave away the obvious fact that he didn’t have a roommate. A part of me was thankful for that. I didn’t need an extra set of eyes seeing me in such a state. This man before me had already become my worst enemy in a matter of hours yesterday, and I had to face my embarrassment, knowing my enemy has seen me in a vulnerable situation. It didn’t look good on my part.

A new guy named Robbie transfers into Mya’s school with an air of mystery around him, a mystery involving a murder at his old school. Mya just wants to focus on her school work. Robbie just wants to forget his past. The relationship between the two is a complicated one. They cannot stay away from each other. The result? They will never be able to look at their world in the same way again.

Rating: R (for sexuality and violence)

20190107_130756_0000

There is a link to my wattpad profile on my profile on this community because I’m on mobile and they don’t allow easy links to be posted from your book.

Hi!

You might be interested to read my new story “All” (not yet complete) - a romance that’s going to be filled with secrets, lies, lust, and possibly the ultimate… love. Hope you like it! x

All%20cover

https://www.wattpad.com/story/173304181-all

All [adverb]; completely, without exception.

When 18-year-old Abi meets Noah, a moody but disarming musician, she soon discovers his tough exterior is hiding more than just the tattoos that mark his skin.

Thrown into a world of secrets, emotions and sexual discovery, will their love/hate relationship ever become more than a confusing game of cat and mouse? As the walls become to crumble between them, can Abi and Noah’s love survive the impact?

I’ve read them multiple times. Every few years I choose to re-read them as I catch up with the books that she has written. I do the same with Guild Hunter series (cause badass angels and vampires) and also with Patricia Briggs series two series, Alpha & Omega as well as Mercy Thompson. I love Briggs takes on Omegas.

Thanks everyone for the responses so far!! Keep them coming!

I’d like to put my (new) story out there as it is heavily inspired by the Anita Blake series in some ways so I hope you will give it a shot. Here is the blurb and link if you’re interested:

The world was taken over on December 31st in 2199.

Humans now share this planet with the Osirii, an intelligent flesh-eating race. They’ve built cities, corrected Earth’s dying ecosystems and formed an unquestioned government. Hundreds of years after the original treaty was signed, a daunting task now waits on Mira Elowen’s doorstop.

A foe in the shape of the vile Baëlrog is challenging the throne after centuries of peace and Queen Nur’Ana asks Mira to be her successor in a desperate attempt to save their City. Only a Sovereign may wear the crown that rules their people and Mira must now protect that tradition from the barbarous usurper.

Obstacles present themselves indelicately to Mira as she immerses herself in the bearings of a Queen though aided by the amorous intended King, Prince Zedan.

If it has sparked your interest, this is the link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/174692515-sovereign

Walking Away From Him

**LINK:**https://www.wattpad.com/story/171629935-walking-away-from-him-18%2B

“So… that was the only thing that kept you from fucking me?” I asked randomly.

“Yes, that was the only thing that kept me from fucking you, Christian.” Rosie leaned closer and bit her lip seductively. The fact that she wasn’t afraid to talk so bluntly about fucking and that she actually wanted me to fuck her made me harden. Fuck! “You know you’re food will get cold if you don’t eat it, right?” She pointed to my food with her eyes, but I knew she wasn’t talking about the food.

Follow Rosie’s and Christian’s journey through their last year of highschool, while they try to discover what the word ‘love’ truly means.

Are these two trouble souls prepared to feel something so strong for the other that they simply couldn’t leave without the other?

Or are they just too fucked up to let their feelings show?

xxx

This story contains mature content (sex scenes, mature language, alcoholism…)
Read at your own risk.

I’ve been working for a while on a long novel that deals with bisexuality and character development. I don’t know if it’s what you’re looking for but the MC and her love interest grow together as the book goes on. Here’s a link if ya need it :smiley:

Hola mi gente linda

Soy nueva por estos lares y me estoy estrenando con una novela romántica.

Mil vientos es mi cable a tierra segura, una ventana al amor y al desamor; a las segundas oportunidades y al dolor que se convierte en fortaleza.
Conoce la historia de Sully un piloto que sueña con ser el mejor en su profesión antes de llegar a los 30 años y Portia una joven rebelde y trasgresora aspirante a piloto. Ambos cruzaran su camino y conocerán el amor más puro, pero las envidias y los celos enfundados distanciarán sus almas casi para siempre.
Podrán llegar a tierra segura y ser felices?
Volemos juntos sin tener miedo a como aterrizar

https://www.wattpad.com/story/175616382-mil-vientos

Gracias infinitas por tomarte el tiempo de leer esta historia.

Léela Aquí: https://www.wattpad.com/story/175616382-mil-vientos

I am sure it’s really awesome but I don’t read Spanish :frowning: I am sorry.