Romance, LGBT and Fantasy Book Recs Needed!

Hi there!

I haven’t been on Wattpad in years but I’m trying to get back into the swing of reading and writing so here’s what I’m looking to read. Show your novel off to me if you think it fits! :slight_smile:

Genres: Romance, urban fantasy/general fantasy, LGBT, anything angsty (I’m a sucker for some angsty romance)

Length: I’d prefer full length but will read short stories if they interest me

Please post the title, link, summary, and cover (optional).

I’m excited to read your stuff!

20 Likes

Would you be interested in high fantasy romance…?
just asking just in case :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a fluffy LGBT fantasy romance. There is certainly some angst before our HEA though. I hope you enjoy it!

Sun And Shadow

Goofy boys guard sheep and fail catastrophically to communicate in pseudo-ancient Greece: a romcom.

It’s not fun to be the twin brother of the most beautiful woman in the world. Lysandros, junior Prince of Chaldis, could tell you that much. It’s even less fun when when an arrogant warrior comes seeking Phoibe’s hand and decides to cozy up to him to get it.

But when Niketas turns out to be a suspiciously more-than-alright fella who grows on him like mold? That’s probably an appropriate time to stop talking about fun and start shaking his fist at the gods, because what else can you do in the face of fate and glory?

If you like sunny stories, semi-accurate Greek mythology rehashed beyond all hope, or characters desperately trying to comprehend one another, this is the novella for you!

Sun And Shadow is complete! You can find it at https://www.wattpad.com/story/187403995-sun-and-shadow

4 Likes

You may enjoy my story, Fractured Red. It’s a dark (urban) fantasy, though also contains werewolf/adventure. Maybe you’ll consider it :slight_smile: :yellow_heart:

Redaliya learned quickly that the world doesn’t give second chances. After an ill-fated choice, her time is ticking; she goes in search of the only things she can’t have. A cure.
~~
A gift given, and the balance tipped;
there is always a penalty to be paid.

Longer Summary

Redaliya wasn’t her first name. Before she changed it, what seems like a lifetime ago, she was called Opalescence Alkingsly. This is her story. One that’s been forgotten by many in the sands of time. The path she followed help build a foundation for the future.

After making a choice that leaves blood on her hands and bringing a curse upon herself, she is on the run. Travelling around to find a cure for her curse, Red stumbles upon a young shifter, Everett. Unable to leave him to fend for himself, she takes him under her protection. With even more of a reason to live she’s desperate to survive. When Everett shifts early, Red brings him to the healers to make sure he’s all right. While there she realizes her time really is ticking.

There are consequences of one’s actions; there are no second chances.

5 Likes

Ooh yes! :))

1 Like

ok :DDDD
here’s an angsty fantasy romance :wink:
the ad is clickable ^-^

2 Likes

Cool Rider

“I don’t want no ordinary guys
Coming on strong with me
They don’t know what I’m looking for
They don’t know what I need
They’re gonna know when he gets in
Cause the ground will be shakin
I’ll do anything to let him know that I’m his
His for the takin”

I still haven’t gotten around to writing a blurb yet.

It’s a story about two guys who meet each other and their memories they share with each other throughout the year’s until they reach their happily ever after.

This is a oneshot for a songfic contest and is about 4K words in total and is based around the song cool rider from grease 2. It’s all fluff.

2 Likes

@FireAlwaysReturns ~ Also tagging you X3

2 Likes

Hey there! Welcome back to Wattpad :slight_smile:

If you are into cute romances and sweet characters, then Siren may just be the thing for you :blush:

Siren

Mute since the tragic accident, Ashlyn Holland has lived a quiet life in her childhood home, haunted daily by the shadow of her Father’s memory, but too afraid to let him go. Instead, she passes the day serving coffee and kindness, avoiding the ocean at all costs.

When Derek moves to town, however, her routine is interrupted, and the fears that have always held her back are challenged. As their relationship develops and Ashlyn finds freedom in love, disaster lingers in the back ready to strike. And when it does, it will either bring them closer together or tear them apart.

https://www.wattpad.com/698783089-siren

4 Likes

Perhaps you’ll enjoy this angsty LGBTQ urban fantasy romance :] Feel free to stop by if this seems like something you like!

rhapsody

Werewolves are real. Big whoop. If NYPD detective Maverick Carson is being honest, he’s always been more of a cat person. As part of a new expansion project, however, the 11th precinct is getting its first lycanthrope officer - an intimidating presence by the name of Emery Faustine. And, by some cruel twist of fate, Maverick is assigned to be his partner.

The two hotshots are fire and ice. Night and day. Sworn enemies from the moment they meet, until a serial killer begins to ravage the streets of New York City, and Maverick and Emery must force their rivalry aside to stop the gruesome killings at whatever cost.

Meanwhile, Maverick wonders if there’s something more to Emery than just the creature he becomes every full moon. As he contemplates his partner’s humanity, he wonders, too, if there could be something more to their partnership. With the case coming to a head between them, hidden secrets - and feelings - threaten to be revealed. Maverick must decide: is Emery human, or just a wolf parading as one? And, more importantly, can he learn to trust the werewolf, even if it means risking his own life?

RHAPSODY

3 Likes

Hi! My story fits your description :slight_smile:

SURVIVE
eKNKzAv
There are zombies walking through the neighbourhood, and, they’re wearing military uniforms.

With nothing left to lose, eleven teenagers decide that they’ve had enough. The government has turned against their people - without a single drop of remorse. Forums point fingers and blame foreigners. The internet comes crashing down.

They leave the safety of their homes for one reason alone; to find answers.

3 Likes

I’ve got an angsty AF LGBT romantic drama, so that checks a few of your boxes :wink:

20190618_211946_0000
The Rainbow Theory of Gravity
Link
Summary - No one should have let the bad boy write his own story.
Dreyden will be whoever you want him to be.
Perfect student? Easy.
Obedient son? As far as his parents know.
That friend who’s always up for anything? Just tell him where the party is.
The problem? It’s all an act, of course – and living up to the expectations is getting harder every day.
Maybe the awkward younger brother of his homophobic ex-best friend can help Dreyden figure himself out. After all, two broken pieces together make a whole… Right?
Status - Complete
Genre - Teen Fiction/Romance/Drama/Coming-of-age
Warning - Copious profanity, not-super-explicit sexual content, underage drinking and cannabis use

On the fantasy end, I recommend Bearheart by @MMicheleWilly (contains lgbt elements as well) and The Untitled by @LanaJoKing, a fantasy/fairytale satire with an ace lead. They may have some more recs for you, too :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks for the tag!

I see angsty romance is a requirement :smirk: That, I can deliver on in spades. lol

Alice Monroe had everything until she had nothing.

A professional Lyrical dancer and instructor at twenty-four, Alice had worked tirelessly for years to achieve perfection in all areas of her life. She was disciplined, meticulous, and had a drive that left those around her feeling dizzy. With the perfect boyfriend on her arm and the career of her childhood dreams, Alice didn’t think anything could get better than this.

And she was right.

All it took was one night to tear down everything Alice had built for herself until she was left single, jobless, and her heart stained with betrayal. With her tail tucked between her legs, she drives to Chicago to move in with her older sister until she’s back on her feet.

Little did she know that this was just the beginning of her twist of fate nightmare. Ethan Black is waiting for her in Chicago as a perfect stranger, but soon after he and Alice meet, it’s impossible for either of them to deny that they’re destined to be much more.

The only problem?

Ethan’s engaged to be wed to her sister.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/187660024-dancing-with-sin-a-forbidden-love-story

And another one of mine that delivers on plenty of angst and forbidden romance is:

Rules are meant to be broken.

At least that was the motto that Kat Sanders led her life by. She said what she wanted, did what she pleased, and didn’t give a damn who judged her for it. Her home life was unstable ever since her father left and her mother spiraled into a drug induced stupor, leaving Kat with the heavy responsibility of taking care of her younger sister. So, in an ugly turn of events where Kat loses her job, she hurriedly accepts an offer to interview for a job as a nanny. Yet, when Kat meet her new employer, all bets are off. He’s handsome, he’s brooding, and enticingly dangerous with a gun tucked into his side and a badge of honor splayed proudly across his blue uniform. Dominic Reed had everything Kat could ever want in a man.

Everything, aside from a wife.

Will Kat be able to downplay her normal, rebellious attitude and attraction to her married boss, or will forbidden feelings bud and temptation once again claim a victory over Kat and Dominic?

Yet, who can tell where this game of Kat and mouse will lead as Dominic’s lethal job intertwines into Kat’s life in a very real, very dangerous way that will leave them both vulnerable and fated for destruction.

Game on.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/77859786-unlawful-temptations-✔️

2 Likes

LEAD ME ASTRAY (Completed)

A SUPERNATURAL PASSION COMPELS THEM | Watty’s 2019 Horror & Paranormal Winner | Reviewers have called it, “One of the smartest, sexiest, and most unique paranormal romances that Wattpad could possibly boast.” --The Rune Awards 2018 |

Aurie Edison shouldn’t linger in Overlay City, a mystical world of ley lines hidden within New Orleans. Luckily, there’s a seductive Empath named Mys who pledges to get her where she needs to be. Then there’s Detective Zyr Ravani, the hot werewolf tasked with keeping them safe. But what’s the worst that can happen to a Ghost?

See, Aurie’s not living her best life. But she COULD be if she accepts the powerful desire swirling between the three of them.

Ready to get away with something different? Solve Aurie’s murder with Detective Zyr Ravani and the genderqueer Mx. Mys as you fall head over heels for this threesome along the way. Go ahead. #GetAwayWithIt

Introducing an adventurous tale of self-discovery, magic and menagé a trois. LEAD ME ASTRAY is a fresh new story from an authentic LGBTQ voice. Add this unicorn to your reading list and find out why it’s a winner.

START READING LEAD ME ASTRAY NOW

INTOTHEWILDDARKGIF

INTO THE WILD DARK (Updates Weekly)

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TEMPTATION IS UNLEASHED? | from the author of Wattys 2019 Horror & Paranormal Award-Winning LEAD ME ASTRAY |

Jack Slobodnik is jinxed.

After four years in lockdown for a crime he didn’t commit, he’s unlucky enough to walk straight out of prison into a shady deal in Supernatural Overlay City.

But with the finest lawyers money can’t buy, Jack’s bad luck is about to take a turn. They’re going after the people responsible for his wrongful conviction. Money, power and vengeance is the name of the game, except Jack’s mysterious new best friend and his sexy new lawyer are about to bring out his most primal desires - which can only complicate matters.

Affable, captivating Sunny and Attorney Mal Ashivant are in a competition for Jack’s Soul. And everything is at stake for the one who loses.

Get away with a love triangle unlike anything you’ve ever read. #GetAwayWithIt

Presenting a seductive narrative of revenge, excess, and temptation unleashed. This follow-up to the Wattys 2019 Horror & Paranormal Award-Winning LEAD ME ASTRAY is a must-read from the Ley-Over Universe. These books can be enjoyed in any order. Add INTO THE WILD DARK to your favorite reading lists, and discover why readers keep coming back for more!

START READING INTO THE WILD DARK NOW

1 Like

ILY Starlord <3

I have a Fantasy Romance that’s bleeding with teen feels. There’s a prominent ace/aro character as well!

https://www.wattpad.com/story/166762806-bearheart

Far in the Frozen North live the Rogalanders, the so-called “bear-people.” Every year, the devout who are coming of age receive a tattoo - a Mark of Endil, which reveals to its bearer the destiny written for them by the gods.

The day of Hala Freylisdotter’s Marking, originally supposed to bring with it joy and celebration, is ruined by an unexpected murder. The subsequent arrival of a bloody woman from a rival nation forces Hala to choose between the safety of home and the promise of glory for fulfilling her fate. She and her closest friends embark on a cross-continental mission, during which they discover a conspiracy and are thrust into the dangerous underbelly of international politics.

In the face of betrayal and death, the young Rogalanders are forced to break old morals, forge new bonds of love and alliance, and grapple with the answer to one question: how much are you willing to sacrifice to protect your country?

Previously added to the official Adventure profile’s “Fantastical Adventures” reading list and the official Romance profile’s “Worlds Apart” reading list!

For fantastical loveliness + romance + queer rep, I also recommend UnTitled. Also, Corvus by @amandamaedowney, Hungry Skies by @thatCalamity, Grounding the Storm by @leannamattos.

4 Likes

Hello! I’ve got a fantasy romance here that you might enjoy :slight_smile:

Title: Demons Have Hearts Too

6UUA51V_d

Benjamin is a lonely boy. Sentina is a self-centered demon. And after he accidentally summons her in his bathroom, she offers him a deal that is too good to refuse. She would get rid of his loneliness. And in exchange, she doesn’t ask for his soul, but for something she describes as “insignificant”. Emotions, to be exact.

As both attempt to get the best out of their deal, Benjamin learns that demons aren’t the evil creatures of darkness he’d thought they were. They feel compassion, they have weaknesses and they have hearts. Hearts that can be stolen.

And it isn’t only demons that humans misunderstood. Angels aren’t holy creatures of purity, they have flaws, they are hateful, they can cause pain and they are after Sentina.

It is under these circumstances that Benjamin must choose whom he sides with and whether he’ll try to put an end to a war that has been going on for thousands of years.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/200262556-demons-have-hearts-too

❝It’s not meaningless if he has the power to break your heart into thousand pieces❞

Quentin Adams has been in love with his best friend for years. Although their happily ever after happens only in his dreams, he’s not one to give up. For so long, he had been willing to do anything to make his dreams come true and never had he even thought about anyone else.

Here’s the problem: the love of his life has met someone else. Smartest thing for him to do is to move on and Theodore Peterson might just be the right person to help with that. What was supposed to be just a fling ends up being one of the most important things in his life. It’s now up to Quentin himself to decide if he’s ready to take a risk and get his heart broken again.

Read here!

some angsty lgbt :wink:

Title: When Lust and Envy Meet

https://www.wattpad.com/story/186803162-when-lust-and-envy-meet

Isaac Harley is Eton’s devilish delinquent and Josiah Beckett’s the pretentious prefect. At least, that’s what the two have always presumed of each other, their true selves buried under a facade and hidden like a sin.

Neither one would’ve ever guessed that all it took was one fateful night, one of hazy minds and absolute misery, for their masks to slip off. For them to strip each other completely bare–naked in body but more exposed in places unseen.

Neither one intended for this night to happen–raw, wanton, burning hot.

Neither one was prepared to touch the untouchable.

Southern Saturday Nights

Genre: New-Adult Romance

Length: 22 Chapters (approximately 92k words)

Logline: Allyson Reed shapes her life to make her parents proud, but whenever she’s with Daxson Winters, the star wide receiver with a troubled past, her perfectly-crafted existence crumbles at the seams.

Summary

Allyson Reed is a guilt-ridden southern belle with her sights set on freshman year at the University of Alabama. Daxson Winters is the star wide receiver with a traumatic past who’s completely wrong for her, at least that’s what her parents tell her. The more Allyson discovers about Daxson, the harder it becomes to deny her attraction. She knows falling for him will change her life, but what she doesn’t know is if Daxson opens his heart to her in return, it could mean losing everything.

Warning: This story is not rated mature, but due to some of the content it may not be suitable for all readers. The story contains scenes featuring eating/mental disorders, violence, strong language, and acts of racism. If you are sensitive to any of these, please read on with caution.

1 Like

Hello! I have two romance books, and the first one is meant to be super angsty, just what you like. :wink:

Book 1 - Forgotten Fragments

forgottenfragments_1_original-1

He didn’t remember her, and that was okay. She didn’t need him to. It saved him from the troubles of dealing with her broken heart.

Upon the end of her mother’s second marriage, Sky moved back to her hometown after many years living in New York. But it didn’t feel quite like home. Not when her childhood friend and crush Asher didn’t remember who she was. Not when her heart was traumatized from seeing how her mother was treated by both of her fathers, which had led her to conclude that love was nothing.

She spent her days revisiting the fragments of memories that had long been forgotten. She held the thought of him never being able to remember her, and the thought of her never being able to find love. Were those thoughts true? Only time could tell.

Read “Forgotten Fragments” here

Book 2 - Latte Love

newdesign_1_original

Matt, he was just a typical college student in his second year, working as a typical barista at a coffee shop near his university . He thought his life was typical, and just like that, he continued living a carefree, peaceful life.

That is, until one day, on a Saturday afternoon, a customer walked in for his cup of latte, and captured Matt’s heart without even knowing.

That was when their story began. Except, Matt had no idea that this particular young man wasn’t just a typical comer of the shop.

Read “Latte Love” here!